• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walter Football 2013 Season Preview

That was hard to read.  The writer loves Chud and gives him credit for the last half of the year.  I think the success for the last half of the year for Cam and the O is because  Chud got neutered.

Lots of other crap....yada, yada..............

Bottom line.....if this article is typical.....I think the Panthers will surprise some people this year.

Thats a first

I can understand why someone would say that.  J Stew seems to be hurt all the time and Williams was a dissapearing act many weeks.  I was most impressed with Tolbert even if he is supposed to be a fullback.

Some of it was on point. Our o-line was not good. I dont think Byron Bell was "brutal". Injuries and starting a rookie at guard didnt help. Our receiver situation is not good. Would Lafell start for another team in the league? I think so. The RB struggles can be chalked up to injuries and the issue of the aforementioned O-line struggles. I think C-God is better than he thinks, but secondary has a lot to prove, obviously Haruki Nagasaki is a disaster. The guy gave too much credit to chud but im not sold on shula as an OC. Maybe Don Shula. That would be sweet. And then Cam. Despite all the line issues, lack of receiver depth, and RB "struggles", damned if he didnt figure it out by mid-season. Such a dynamic QB. I would pay to watch him practice.

Reviews are more important than previews.

One of the things I like about this coming season is that last year optimism was so high and we created an expectation that we had to live up to.

This year with a lot of negativity we have something to prove.

This thing just confused me. Like Davis being iffy because of injury? Did not realize he was hurt, after all, he did play all 16 games last year. Otah has been gone for basically 2 years, Chud got reined in the last half of the year, and there is no reason to believe Cam will improve.

Too many inaccuracies and bad speculations for me. I thought he hated us by the time I finished. Then he tells us we should go 9-7. Um, ok.

I love being underrated. Or, that my team is underrated, not me personally. That would be, well, counterproductive.

I think the OLine is key to our entire season.

If they can open holes for the running game, we go 10-6 and get the Wildcard

this. i really hope any perceived weaknesses in the line during training camp prompts a very quick acquisition of any of the solid free agents available at the position. it would be loathsome to blow another season because we went with guys on the line that were just serviceable.

"Gano was 9-of-11, but could easily regress in 2013 because he has struggled throughout his career."

although i agree that gano is some ass, this pretty much sums up the entire article. whenever the author said something slightly good about us he instantly tempered expectations and made it seem like whatever can go wrong absolutely will.

Archived