• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game on the line... you going with Beason, Morgan or Keuchly....

charlottenian

Nah, it is a simple question asking for opinion.

Pick one. There is no wrong answer. It is an opinion based question. Not a pass fail type question. Just a simple question designed to illicit debate. In that vein, it worked.

Exactly what I said.

And it works...

In what world would you take Jenkins over peppers lol. One of the best defensive ends in NFL history over a(pro bowl caliber) run stuffing DT? Sorry but give me pep and it's not even close. On any given play pep could not be blocked.

Before overheating and acl tears Jenkins was lot more than a run stuffer but I am willing to be you haven't been a fan long enough to remember that.

He was virtually unblockable in any aspect of the game. You'd have to be asinine not to place him on par with Peppers. Jenkins was the NFL's best DT, and it wasn't close. Even when he left Carolina with a weaken mindset and knees, Kris was the frontrunner for DPOY with The Jets.

Comparing a pro bowl dt to one of the greatest pass rushed and most freakiest athletes ever? This isn't a real conversation is it?

Comparing a pro bowl dt to one of the greatest pass rushed and most freakiest athletes ever? This isn't a real conversation is it?

The thing with Jenkins is that his body just broke down carrying the weight that he did.

Peppers is an athletic freak yes, which has led to a prolonged and healthier career.

Now in his prime, Jenkins was the top DT in the league and everyone knew it. He consistently blew up double teams and he made our defensive line.

Unlike Jenkins, it was always a debate whether Peppers was the best end in the league because some games he just wouldn't show up. His lack of consistency will always be talked about. Maybe expectation was too high, but with his body and athleticism, he should have had 20+ sack seasons. He never had that drive though.

Jenkins caused chaos to the interior line every play during his prime and I have yet to see a DT perform like he did since.

Archived