• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Up Research: Philadelphia Eagles

redbuddha

Went on two Eagles forums: seems to be a lot of doom and gloom over there, not about Kelly mostly about lack of quality players.

Seemed consigned to the fact that defense will be bottom 5 and hope that offense will be top 5.

For those that did not watch the patriots play the eagles, they gave up 200+ yards rushing by halftime, and 442 yards of total offense overall. Gave up 62 & 51 yard Td runs.

Philly attempted 48 passes and 38 rushes during the game so I hope everyone on defense is running to get ready. They ran 14 more plays than the fast moving patriots.

Tom Brady did not throw 1 pass on the first scoring drive.

"The most abysmal defensive drive in Eagles history.. 6 plays, all running, no third downs, 80 yards"

Anybodyelse got anything?

Yeah I got one, not only are we getting that god awfull defense, we are getting an eagles offense led by none other than THE Nick Foles. :)

I seriously DO NOT understand the love Nick Foles gets and why people think he will be a viable option at QB. Noodle arm for a guy his size who has no presence and seems to completely lack in every area you want your QB to be competent in. Vick not only should be the starter but Kelly shouldn't even be promoting this "competition". I don't know if I would trade Foles for Clausen and I would most certainly rather have Anderson . It's all very sad to me that the Eagles have bottomed out to this and IMO may be able to break the Saint record for worst D from last season.

That said, I'm not worried about us winning so much but I am worried about seeing Cam stare Olsen down again. That play was nightmarish from the start just because in the past two years, that would be a game deciding play. Everything else related to our team I am fine with because there is no hope to fix the oline but Cam can stop staring guys down.

Should expect to see the starters for two quarters. We will get an idea of what our D will be like this week, and a measure of our offense next week against the Ravens.

I seriously DO NOT understand the love Nick Foles gets and why people think he will be a viable option at QB. Noodle arm for a guy his size who has no presence and seems to completely lack in every area you want your QB to be competent in. Vick not only should be the starter but Kelly shouldn't even be promoting this "competition". I don't know if I would trade Foles for Clausen and I would most certainly rather have Anderson . It's all very sad to me that the Eagles have bottomed out to this and IMO may be able to break the Saint record for worst D from last season.

That said, I'm not worried about us winning so much but I am worried about seeing Cam stare Olsen down again. That play was nightmarish from the start just because in the past two years, that would be a game deciding play. Everything else related to our team I am fine with because there is no hope to fix the oline but Cam can stop staring guys down.

Should expect to see the starters for two quarters. We will get an idea of what our D will be like this week, and a measure of our offense next week against the Ravens.

One of my best friends is an Eagles fan (I know, I know pick better friends) and every year he tells me that the Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl.  For the very first time since I've known him he has yet to make that statement.  For an intensely fanatical nut job of a football fan that he is to not say that this year is very telling of what kind of team he knows he has.  Jadaveon Clowney will be an Eagle next year.

College coaches transitioning to the NFL sometimes get off to a fast start but tail off over time. That was Schiano. Could be Kelly too.

As to Foles, he's not shown much to date, but your other alternative is an of late rather fragile Michael Vick. By year's end you could be looking at Barkley, though i question his fit in a read-option attack. Wouldn't surprise me if next year they look for someone new.

Archived