• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

don'tcha just love darren sharper?

rayzor

from interview on the drive (via twitter)...

Sharper on national perception of Panthers: "I think the perception is they don't really have an identity of what they want to do."

Sharper on national perception of Panthers: "That aren't a team that people look at as a team that could run the table."

Sharper says that, nationally, the Panthers are perceived as team that doesn't have a concrete offensive and defensive philosophy.

Sharper on Panthers: "I see them as a subpar, .500 team."

Sharper on opponents vs. Panthers WRs: "You know if you stop Steve Smith, it's going to be tough for Cam Newton to find open guys."

Sharper says "licking their chops" twice when referring to opposing defenses going up against Panthers WRs outside of Steve Smith.

Sharper: "A team that is a breakthrough team, a team that could win the Super Bowl, is the Cincinnati Bengals."

Sharper says he also likes the New Orleans Saints to bounce back, make the playoffs, and even legitimately compete for the Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, that IS the perception most people have of the Panthers.

Unless we change it by winning games, then you can't say much. Every team thinks they are great this time of year. Most talking heads just work from recent history

Hes pretty much spot on. I know a lot of you will knock me for being so negative but as much as I love this team (and believe me I do, two seasons ago when I was working Sundays, i sacrificed my vacation hours for the year just so I could take 4 hours off every Sunday to watch the Panthers game live every Sunday, yes. I would drive home, watch the Panthers then drive back to work to finish the work day. just pointing that out before people call me a bad fan.)

What is our identity? Unfortunately he is wrong about us not being a team that can run the table, we have proven many times we can run the table... Against bad teams at the end of the year when we already out of the playoff picture.

He is right about our WR corps. Lafell would be a number three WR on average teams. Put Lafell on a team like the 9ers or the Packers and he would be lucky to be a 4th or 5th receiver.

As Mike from Breaking Bad says "no half measures" JR will regret not going all in and letting Gettleman make the call on Rivera, JR went the half measures route and he will regret it. Again, there is nothing much I want more than to be wrong and eat crow please believe me. But im being a realist

Archived