• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fua has been resigned!

SCP

I'm going to attempt to spin this positively......

We all know that Rivera and Gettleman both stated, prior to even training camp, that Star was going to be a 30 snap a game lineman this year. Maybe after that dominating performance this past Sunday, they said:

"Hey, that kid needs to see the field as much as possible!!!!"

So, Star isn't used to playing a 16 game NFL season, let alone the rigors that go along with practicing for that long of a season. They want to keep him fresh for the games, so that he can continue to dominate, and conversely are leery about running up the practice reps of the backups behind him, because you know, same reason. 

So they sign FUA (fugs up always), to eat practice reps so they don't over-burden their star DT's. 

Not entirely correct.

With Williams, we were carrying ten offensive linemen.  We now have nine.  Most teams carry only eight or nine.  At least numerically speaking, we're not thin.

With Fua, we are now carrying ten defensive linemen.  I'd expect both Fua and Wes Horton to be inactive on game day.  If they activate one, it'll be Horton.

So yeah, he's a practice player only.

No, that doesn't make it any better :(

i wasn't referring to quantity. i was referring to quality. it's horrible depth. we can get by with the 9 DL we had. we can't get by with the 11 we had and we just decreased that number to 10, losing one of the turds that floated to the top.

Archived