• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6'6" 330lb OL Ramon Harewood visits Panthers

SCP

I can't see them cutting Fua after bringing him back damn that would suck for him.

I can.

Happens all the time.  Teams manipulate the roster based on where they might need extra depth for a week or two, then cut a guy loose when it's no longer needed.

He might stick around if there are more injury issues, but if the DL stays healthy and another spot is hurting, he could easily be gone again.

That's the NFL.

Don't feel too sorry for him though.  He'll make in a week what some folks make in a year.

We have 3 centers on the roster, the last of which was kept because Byers was hurt. As much as I'd love to see Fua cut... Folkerts is likely the guy.

To be fair though, they already had that option when they set the final roster and chose Folkerts.

And although he will adjust for depth purposes, Gettleman has said he doesn't go by set numbers in position groups.  He chooses one guy over another based on who's the better player.

In that regard, I'd be in favor of signing Harewood and dumping Fua.

I dunno, Jay, but we killed their first team OGs and he was fighting for a second-team job----and lost. 

Granted, how linemen perform against our line isn't really the best measuring stick. Our D-Line has literally destroyed every line it's faced this year. That includes quite a few pro-bowl and all-pro linemen. 

Star tossed Kelechi Osemele aside like he was nothing, but I'd definitely take Osemele on our roster any day.

If you were watching a Thanksgiving matchup between the Cowboys and Packers some years back, you got to see a young right tackle getting tossed around like a rag doll by the great Reggie White.  At the time, White's left arm was injured, so he did all the tossing on one arm.  Made that poor kid look terrible. 

Lotsa people might have thought that young fella was destined for the scrap heap after that.  As it turns out though, Larry Allen switched back to his natural guard position and had a pretty good career.

Granted, how linemen perform against our line isn't really the best measuring stick. Our D-Line has literally destroyed every line it's faced this year. That includes quite a few pro-bowl and all-pro linemen. 

I hope that trend continues.  Of all the things I saw Sunday, Starlite was a beast. 

Archived