• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last team to go 0-3 and make the playoffs....

Zod

The 1998 Buffalo Bill led by Doug Flutie...

here is what their schedule looked like...

Posted Image

They had a week 4 bye week.

They also lost all 3 first games by under 7 points.

Look at the results after the bye week. A five game win streak and did not lose two in a row from there on out. THATS what it takes to make the playoffs after starting 0-3. What has RIvera's longest win streak been? 2 games?

It looks MUCH harder on paper once you realize what 0-3 does to you.

Its a good thing the Panthers will be 1-2 this week... no?

Click here to view the article

• Pie 1

Let's discuss this next week if we go 0-3. Right now I am planning on 1-2 so let us know who the last team to make the playoffs with that start.

The point is if we do go 0-3, there isn't much worth discussing. Just another lame duck season and try to enjoy meaningless wins as they come.

The point is if we do go 0-3, there isn't much worth discussing. Just another lame duck season and try to enjoy meaningless wins as they come.

Until we are mathematically eliminated I am going to keep hope.

You look at that and see that it is nearly impossible, I look at that and see that it has been done before.

We have a window of opportunity coming up in October. But by losing to Buffalo put us in a position that we have to go 4-0 in October.

So I am going to hold out hope until we lose one of those games.

Regardless, Sunday is another incredibly important game if we want to have any chance. I am just trying to stay in a positive frame of mind (pretty much unsuccessfully because you keep reminding me how bleak our chances are :P)

• Pie 1

If there is nothing to discuss you should shut down the forum if that happens.

I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about still as negative news is good business.

I'm not worried about being out mathematically. 1-2 start is basically how most believed we would start. If we can beat the Giants, which is a BIG "IF", we will be in decent position to make a run.

What I'm worried about tho is this:

-Can Rivera make good calls consistently when the game is on the line?

-Will Shula/Rivera keep attacking when we get a 3/7 point lead?

(And no one believes the two above will happen)

-Can our receivers (not named Smitty, of course) get open?

-Can our secondary hold?

There are a lot of questions, we know that. But just because there are a lot of questions, doesn't mean that all the answers are NO. We will see.

Think about this for a minute.

The last time we didn't have a thread entitled "the last team to start _____ and make the playoffs" (either 0-2, 0-3, or 1-3) was in 2008. Five straight years of offseason excitement followed by a completely demoralizing start to the season. At a minimum, could this team just give us a decent start and enjoyable season of watching football games and then fugging blow it at the very end for a change?

At this point, I yearn for the agony of Delhomme's five interception game in 2008.

sheldon-throwing-papers-gif.gif

• Pie 1