• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

Rivera can no longer say theres always next week. The G-man knows the Big Cat needs to win now because he only has a few years left due to health reasons. We have a new Sherrif in town with G-man and he is all business. He did what he could for Beason in getting him a team where he could play MLB, but also helped the team by getting a draft pick where next year we would have lost Beason and got nothing in return. Rivera has to coach as if every game could be his last.

You can be a players coach, but you have to win in the NFL or go home.

Rivera is Rivera. What you've seen is what you're going to get.

You think he can flip a switch and turn on an entirely new method of coaching this team in order to save his job? Sorry, I don't see it nor do I see this as a corporate method of motivating someone in a management position.

• Pie 1

it's actually smart the more i think about it. this is what i was talking about when we hired DG. it starts from the top with him.

rivera is a players coach. if the players wanna see Rivera stay they have to perform. If Rivera wants to stay he better put the peddle to the metal.

It can be viewed as a distraction or motivation. It will show what kind of coach RR is. And lets be honest we've played our best ball when Rivera has been on the hot seat.

This team needs all the motivation it can get to not come out of this bye week flat.

If the players love Rivera as much as they claim, they need to prove it with wins.

Perhaps players needs to be reminded that Rivera's job isn't the only one on the line.

We'll see if this turns out to be motivation or a distraction.

This is horrible to have leaked, seems like the FO has already given up on Rivera. Doesn't instill much hope in the fanbase either because it looks like they've given up this year

No! I think it's the opposite. 

It's good leverage against Rivera and the Panthers that "no job is safe" Plus, Rivera's on the hot seat. This means Rivera knows he's gotta score 50 pts every game, and can't afford to "sit on any lead as he's done in the past". 

Gettlemen probably realizes Rivera's "inner non offensive mindset". Plus, we don't know how this got out. It could have came from one of the candidates. 

If true, I have no problem with it. Rivera's too complacent anyway. This could be as much reality, as psychology. 

When was the last time a team actively began a coaching search in week 4 and it produced a winning season?

I don't think it's really an "active search" at this point, only preliminary stuff "just in case".

Strange timing. Who released this and why? Hmmmm

Nobody knows.  Likely suspect would be whomever the candidate in discussion is, but that's all speculation.