• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

I love it. RR needs to step up his game or be replaced. There is enough talent on this team to be undefeated right now. However, they're sitting 1-2. If you can't win the close games, you can't be successful in this league.

And Chud's recent success in Cleveland disproves one of Ron's excuses for last year. I'll go ahead and say it... this team would probably have made it to the playoffs if Chud was the HC the last 2 seasons.

I get that, it will play a factor. But in no way will it be a deal breaker for those players. Either way they are looking at a new coach, (if that was to happen) and the options would be to play with players you know, or go somewhere else for more or less money.

Way too many variables...

You know there are some head coaches that DO come in and start off great. Its all in the selection of the coach.

You also risk making Rivera look like a lame duck, which potentially affects the product on the field this season.

And they're not technically "looking for a new coach" at this point.  They're just laying the foundation for if they do.

It could imply that the candidate that has been reached out to is Lovie Smith, who is not currently employed in the NFL. I don't think any restrictions would stop us from letting him know that we are interested.

I feel like this story has some merit, but it also has to do with making sure Rivera knows there is a fire burning red hot under his ass, and just because he beat a lowly Giants' team doesn't mean that his job is 100% safe.

We're only talking about a background check.  You don't have to contact someone to do a background check. 

No restrictions would apply at all.

A variable that folks are not mentioning is that we have a talented young team.

AND.......

CAM NEWTON.......

I guarantee the pedigree of coaches that would apply for the job would be more talented than we have ever seen show interest in Carolina.

DG just might be smart enough to let the word out, just to get a feel for interest around the league.

Its free advertisement, and could turn out some very interesting results.

• Pie 3

You also risk making Rivera look like a lame duck, which potentially affects the product on the field this season.

And they're not technically "looking for a new coach" at this point. They're just laying the foundation for if they do.

We're only talking about a background check. You don't have to contact someone to do a background check. No restrictions would apply at all.

"One coach knows they're interested". Sounds like more than a background check. Or, they called someone for the check then that person let it slip to the candidate. Not sure.