• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera- "Stewart to practice... Could play Thursday"

MichaelNewtonII

How do you split carries with dwill, Stewart, and Tolbert?

Call me crazy but Jstew has little to no trade value right now. Maybe it's time to showcase his talents for a trade or to see if he's still got it to trade Dlow. Just my opinion since there's no way they can all split carries.

I wouldn't say that DWILL has been playing well... The majority of his yardage has been in garbage time and has done pretty much nothing in the 1st quarter of games. He doesn't get many yac at all either.

I look for Stewart to carry a bulk of the load in the SF NE MIA stretch and the NO games. I just pray he comes back healthy because he has the potential to be a 3 down back and the future of our backfield if he has the same speed/explosiveness and can stay healthy.

I wouldn't say that DWILL has been playing well... The majority of his yardage has been in garbage time and has done pretty much nothing in the 1st quarter of games. He doesn't get many yac at all either.

I look for Stewart to carry a bulk of the load in the SF NE MIA stretch and the NO games. I just pray he comes back healthy because he has the potential to be a 3 down back and the future of our backfield if he has the same speed/explosiveness and can stay healthy.

I'm betting Stewart gets injured more easily as time passes...this is the first time he's missed significant time, and with feet/ankle/leg injuries, at a position like running back, that's where they make their money.  It'd be almost impossible for Stewart to be consistently what he was, and as soon as we can figure out a means of jettisoning his contract, the better.  This will hopefully mean the end of drafting running backs early unless they're truly a once-in-a-generation player, but hopefully where this franchise begins picking means that sort of talent more than likely won't be available.  Fortify the oline and it becomes nearly irrelevant who we have at rb, for if we can get enough of a black-and-blue-truckin' crew going, any rb could have success.

Archived