• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Ron Rivera be fired!

Pantherman

Guest Spider Monkey

Yes. Fire him. He sucks. I want our next HC to be Tony Dungy, Love Smith, Charlie Strong, David Shaw, or Hue Jackson.

Yes. Fire him. He sucks. I want our next HC to be Tony Dungy, Love Smith, Charlie Strong, David Shaw, or Hue Jackson.

Last 3 guys I really don't know of. Lovie Smith? Really!! Heck no! Lovie Smith was fired from the Bears for a reason. He was a crappy HC. He missed the playoffs way to many times. Just like Fox. Why would I want another guy like Fox. Tony Dungy on the other hand would be a good choice. No matter what team he coached. He had plenty of winning seasons with both the Colts and Bucs. But I just don't see Dungy coming out of retirement. Just like Coward, Dungy is pretty much done with been a HC. Unless JR and DG offers him a nice contract to come coach. I would welcome Dungy all day long.

I don't know, I don't think it is as cut and dry as some people make it out. 

How many years did the Texans keep Kubiak without making the playoffs before they started winning games and becoming contenders? Plus they never had a Cam. I think that if we have a winning record this year it would be stupid to give up on the culture that RR is building here without at least considering keeping him. He would have improved in every season and quite likely built a top 5 defense after inheriting a 2 win team built to run the ball an stop the run yet unable to do either. I have been as frustrated as anyone with how long it has taken to become relevant again but now that its starting to happen I think it would be counter productive to get rid of him, provided we have a winning record.

To use a couple of cliches, Rome wasn't built in a day and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Last 3 guys I really don't know of. Lovie Smith? Really!! Heck no! Lovie Smith was fired from the Bears for a reason. He was a crappy HC. He missed the playoffs way to many times. Just like Fox. Why would I want another guy like Fox. Tony Dungy on the other hand would be a good choice. No matter what team he coached. He had plenty of winning seasons with both the Colts and Bucs. But I just don't see Dungy coming out of retirement. Just like Coward, Dungy is pretty much done with been a HC. Unless JR and DG offers him a nice contract to come coach. I would welcome Dungy all day long.

I really don't understand how going 10-6 and barely missing the playoffs is all Lovie's fault but OK. On top of that, consider the division Smith was in... Lions and Packers, IMO, is a lot tougher competition the Falcons and Bucs.

That said, Lovie Smith has always kept the Bears competitive.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't know how you can decide at this point. If everyone stays healthy then we should be in the hunt for the playoffs to the end and isn't that the point? On the other hand if heaven forbid someone like Cam got hurt then going even 7-9 would be a great feat. We are ahead of last year as of right now playing a more difficult schedule and am poised to perhaps go above 500 for the first time since 2009. Let see what happens over the next 10 games and then decide. So far he deserves to be here this year. As for next it is way too early to tell.

Archived