• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

chknwing

"This is where I want to be," Beason said. "Next year will be eight years for me and they say you are getting up there in age. I want to retire a Giant."

Beason is in Beast mode in NY. Leading the team in tackles past 2 weeks and has gained the attention and respect of his coaches and team mates

Happy for the guy, but at the same time I always envisioned him retiring a Panther, even if he did go play for another team.

From lurking on the Giants forum, many NY fans legitimately believe that Beason is gone after this season and won't be re-signed. It's like the opposite of the Hurney effect.

Why? I have no idea, he's the best LB on their team and one of few defensive leaders. I think he's sort of addressing this by letting everyone know he's not just looking to play and get a deal somewhere else.

We think Panther fans have it bad.

It's a good situation for him.  He walked onto a team that needed a defensive leader.  He knew his time was up in Carolina when they drafted Kuechly and he became a star.  Beason's a solid dude who deserves this.  I hope he does finish his career there and makes that defense respectable...in every game they don't play the Panthers.

of course not.  I would fully expect him to say hes happy to be a Giant and hopes to be one for a long time.  But hes been a giant for a few weeks.  He has already given Carolina his blood sweat and tears.  He is a Carolina Panther at heart.  He may not have meant it the way I am interpreting it but saying he wants to retire a Giant after a couple of games feels like getting shanked .

Archived