• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm having trouble getting overly excited

janderson20vt

I love that we have won 3 games in a row and I'm sure people will come here bitching about how nothings makes people happy.

We've beat 4 terrible teams in a soft part of our schedule. poo is about to get tough. Do you think we have actually turned the corner? Do you believe in Rivera and Cam to give us say a 10 win record with these tough games ahead?

I'll eat crow if we struggle against the 49ers/Pats/Saints, but I do think we've turned the corner. 

As others have said, we have made progress. We now beat bad teams consistently. That's something we couldn't say last year. The next step is beating some good teams. We will see how we do at that, but I choose to look at the glass as half full and be optimistic that we can beat a good team or two.

I find it hard to believe there is anyone out there who hasn't been conditioned enough to be waiting for the other shoe to drop..  That has little to do with this team showing up and winning games this season.  So far this is an offense and defense I've been waiting to see for years now.  Still a long season ahead and results on the field are all that matter..

If the sheet looked like this..

16-8

21-14

24-28

I'd complain, but we're outright spanking teams and that's excitement enough. This month is going to be a good one, and I fully expect to lose maybe 2-3 games tops, but the upside we're still +1 or at .500

can't bitch about that.  

What makes me excited is that we are learning to win games that actually matter.  We've seen it many times the last couple of years that the team just disappears and fold under the pressure and lose games they should've won.

Also the Panthers could eaily have a better record

Loss #1: DWill fumble in the redzone late. Should've closed the game out

Loss #2: Gave up a game winning drive, particularly with a defensive (mental)breakdown on the GW TD

Loss#3: Miss cues offensively that left points on the board and a 2nd half collapse. 

So knowing that of the 3 losses, they should won at least 2 of them and the team learning how to close out/have complete games, has to bring optimism towards future prospects of the team.

I love that we have won 3 games in a row and I'm sure people will come here bitching about how nothings makes people happy.

We've beat 4 terrible teams in a soft part of our schedule. poo is about to get tough. Do you think we have actually turned the corner? Do you believe in Rivera and Cam to give us say a 10 win record with these tough games ahead?

Let me fix your statement. Do you believe the PANTHERS can  finish the season with decent record and at least make the play-offs? There we go. Much better

At last check, Cam needs 20 players to help him. I thought you realized that by now?

Archived