• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Stewart killed our running game?

Pantherman

idk where this d will stuff is comming from, the guy has been solid all year you guys go ape sh#t when a player has a off game, patience is a virtue

I actually like Deangelo, I just wish he'd keep his legs moving and break a few tackles here and there. I've seen him just drop a few times this year instead of fighting for the extra yard or two.

That pass on the last drive against the Pats where he spinned off that defender and jumped forward for a few extra yards was nice. I want to see that DWill more often.

There is such a thing as too much of a timeshare. RB is a rhythm position. I could see it. It's time to hurt one of these guy's feelings and unless Deangelo gets rid of the tunnel vision he's had the past few weeks, it probably needs to be him.

if there's a case stew killing our run game this is it. "feeding the hot hand" is something of a cliche, but i think there's something to letting a guy get settled in and in a rhythm. 

also our running backs have one rushing touchdown and 60 yards/game since chris scott went down. it's a small sample size and we've faced great defenses, but still i don't think that's a coincidence.

if there's a case stew killing our run game this is it. "feeding the hot hand" is something of a cliche, but i think there's something to letting a guy get settled in and in a rhythm. 

also our running backs have one rushing touchdown and 60 yards/game since chris scott went down. it's a small sample size and we've faced great defenses, but still i don't think that's a coincidence.

Deangelo is seemingly so erratic. He either sees the field as well as any player in the game and will run all over a team, or he will have stretches where he will consistently run into the back of his own guys at the line.

I don't see whats wrong with letting one guy be a bellcow any given week and giving Tolbert the ball when they need a breather during said game.

It's a long season, it doesn't hurt to have a pair of fresh legs behind whoever the "feature" back is rather than trying to ensure we give all 3-4 guys touches every single week. It's been hard to establish a rhythm.

D Will has had a huge drop off in recent weeks. He is back to his old self dropping the second he even senses contact. The only way Stew is hurting our running game is because hes actually not getting more carries than D Will. Its no coincidence when D Will gets the ball he constantly struggles to get past the line of scrimmage while J Stew fights for atleast 3-5 yds. I hate to say it, but D Will has been failing the eye test in recent weeks

Archived