• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who could have predicted

KillaCamNewton

That back in week 1 a deangelo williams fumble on the seattle 5 yard-line would all but be the difference between who would be the 1st seed and 2nd seed in the NFC. I dont even see that as a bad thing----- i see it as a testament to how far ron rivera and this team has come. That afternoon steve smith said we would beat them in january, funny how that prediction looks more and more true as each week passes

What I was thinking Sunday afternoon -

The wife and I were in Buffalo with a few more Panther fans watching that late game meltdown occur - although we were of course disgusted, at the same time it was great to see the Bills fans, long accustomed to losing, get SO excited and happy over their team, and having hope for the season (although short lived unfortunately).

I compared that to Sunday, watching OUR team, at home, clutch victory from the jaws of defeat in one of the coolest ways possible and seeing everyone in the stadium go crazy - but with the additional thrill of knowing that we were in the dance.

Even though the locations and the outcomes were completely different, I can still say that I had a great time with my friends and my family at both games and will remember the Buffalo trip as a fantastic experience with a less than desired outcome - and in the grand scheme of things, all the great people we met up there meant more to me than who won, and that's always been the case here in Charlotte. It truly is the journey, not the destination, that is the thing. Enjoy it NOW.

Archived