• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flavored vodka has gone to far

Johnny Rockets

The vodka market has been flooded with just about every possible flavor of vodka you can imagine (Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pickles, Bacon, Fruit Loops, Krispy Kremes, etc) but what I found out yesterday took me back a bit....

So yesterday I stopped in a Charlotte ABC store and noticed an oddly shaped bottle at the register. I started to look at it and the guy told me it was whole wheat flavored vodka. I thought he meant vodka made out of whole wheat but he insisted it is made to taste like whole wheat bread. That didn't sound appealing at all but....

Next he told me something else that almost made me throw up right then and there. He said starting next month they will be carry a tobacco floverd vodka. It will come in 2 flavors, regular tobacco and also menthol. Now I am a smoker and I couldn't image drinking a tobacco flavored vodka. Sure enough...it's a real thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodbeast/tobacco-and-menthol-vodka_b_3805946.html

I had bacon flavored vodka a few years ago right before this flavored vodka really took off. It was disgusting. It tasted like diluted vodka mixed with bacon grease. I've heard it's good in bloody Marys but I don't care to find out. 

We were at the horrible, horrible epicenter last Friday for that Panthers bar crawl thing and at Blackfinn one of the barkeeps kept trying to push this strawberry flavored whiskey on us. Yes, you read that correctly. Strawberry whiskey. WTF.  I would have tried it as long as it was free but I wasn't paying no damn $8 for something that just know is going to be bad. 

I do like the whipped vodka for what it's worth ... mix it with Orange Sunkist --- Cremesicle in a Glass! 

this actually isn't bad as long as it's a shooter AND I don't have to pay for anything that's involved in making it. 

My buddy is a bartender in Charlotte and made me a shot with the "LOOPY" flavored vodka once and it tasted like the little bit of remaining milk after you're almost done with a bowl of fruit loops cereal. It wasn't too bad, but if you take more than one youre asking for trouble. 

Stick with whiskey and you dont have to worry about flavors... Unless of course you dig Kid Rock & his endorsement of the garbage that is RedStag...

My bro-in-law drinks Ciroc regularly, Ive tried them just to say I did. I tried that amaretto that Philly mentioned, bleh. Twisted my face all kinds of fugged up, took 3 fingers of Gentleman just to get me lookin normal....

Archived