• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greatest Video Game Franchises

Dex

GOAT Franchises  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon
    • Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter
    • Elder Scrolls/ Fallout
    • Metal Gear Solid/ Tom Clancy
    • Resident Evil/ Silent Hill
    • Battlefield/ COD/ Halo
    • Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts
    • Uncharted/ Max Payne
    • Counter Strike/ Half Life
    • Grand Theft Auto/ Red Dead Redemption
    • Assassin's Creed/ Hitman
    • Portal/ Bioshock
    • God of War/ Dark Souls
    • World of Warcraft/ League of Legends
    • Batman Arkham/ Gears of War
    • Mass Effect/ Star Wars
    • FIFA/ Madden/ 2K etc.
    • Misc. Racing games.
    • Other omg how did you miss ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a big gamer, as I might've spent a decent amount of my time gaming, but pretty much only on sports and basic racing type games (and Runescape) up until about 3 years ago.

With that said, having put a lifetime into Skyrim whilst still only having completed the first like 45 minute's worth of the main quest, I find it hard to believe that any other franchise is better. Hell, I've never even played a minute of Oblivion, Morrowwind, etc, but as far as gaming goes? These people created an entire world full or myth, lore, culture, geography, story, creatures, etc. I can't think of anything better.

I just hope and pray that within a few years there is an Elder Scrolls game in which you can roam freely throughout the ENTIRE world of Tamriel.

Not a big gamer, as I might've spent a decent amount of my time gaming, but pretty much only on sports and basic racing type games (and Runescape) up until about 3 years ago.

With that said, having put a lifetime into Skyrim whilst still only having completed the first like 45 minute's worth of the main quest, I find it hard to believe that any other franchise is better. Hell, I've never even played a minute of Oblivion, Morrowwind, etc, but as far as gaming goes? These people created an entire world full or myth, lore, culture, geography, story, creatures, etc. I can't think of anything better.

I just hope and pray that within a few years there is an Elder Scrolls game in which you can roam freely throughout the ENTIRE world of Tamriel.

I do love the Elder Scrolls series but Skyrim was a letdown for me. I thought Morrowind was better and Oblivon was the peak. I prefer Dark Souls now. Hopefully ES6 will see a revamped combat system as well.

I used to know the name of every cave, npc, spell, weapon, etc. in Oblivion. It has to share number one with Star Wars KOTOR. A close second would have to be Kingdom Hearts.

Although some things are fine on the PC, I never really have liked moving with the keyboard, and I can't make my mind up on if I like using a mouse.

And I'll probably be flamed, but Halo Reach was actually my favorite of the series. I loved the story and the multiplayer. Halo 4 was to much like COD and way too easy for me for some reason. I never did understand the love for Halo 2 though. It's my least favorite of the franchise. But then again I'm weird.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I had to go with WoW / LoL.  WoW has had around 10 million subs for close to 10 years, what game has that kind of longevity with that many players?  LoL because it is the most played game in the WORLD, and also because they nailed the free to play model that is pretty much what everyone is trying to do now (most fail with pay-2-win though).   Team Fortress 2 was probably the first f2p game that was successful money wise, but LoL took it to a whole new level.

I don't even play LoL, and haven't played WoW in a long time but I can't deny.

Many of these games were game changers. WoW, GTA, Halo were all pretty iconic and defined something new in the industry.

COD is there as well but I hope I doubt I will ever play the game again.

Team Fortress is not the best franchise of all time however people will be playing TF2 for decades I believe. They don't need a TF3 (I think) because they keep developing TF2 with new stuff (good or bad)

Archived