• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-line has to be the priority.

Awesomeness!!

I dont think Nicks is our answer to our WR woes at all. I hope people don't think so or think he's going to come in and completely solve every thing. Way too many ? surrounding him

I also like to say as I said before if you look at other teams and compare to us, we're operating in the wrong way. Other teams has 1 1,000 yard back and/or 1 1,000 yard receiver. We have neither. Too many RB's all because of the success of 2 seasons, 2 seasons 5 years ago. If we could get rid of both D.Will and Stew, they should.

WR should be addressed by signing a FA like Nicks along with adding a guy in the first two rounds of the draft.

Cam had a top ten rushing attack

Agreed. However, cam also had a make shift line with a lot of injuries. While we need to pick up a left tackle to be the heir apparent to gross(assuming he comes back) that can be had in the second. Just think kalil who was also taken in the second.

Lol keep reaching

I don't have a dime in it, I think we will go corner or WR in the first only because we can likely get a higher rated guy at those positions versus getting the 9th best OT at 28.  I know we will upgrade this year on offense, I just don't know how many guys we will already lock up in free agency before the draft which obviously impacts who we go after in the draft. 

Don't be surprised if we still don't draft a wr with our first pick. Especially if gettleman feels that king or mcnutt have the talent to make a splash in this league. I feel that he is going to try and find us a hidden gem or our own "victor cruz" so to speak. He can spot talent he has proven that in last years draft and FA. Maybe ted ginn returns with us and has a monster season next year. I say this because with his speed he is always a threat on any given play combine that with the strides he made at wr this year and the fact that he appeared to have fixed his catching issues he could become a pretty good wr and finally prove he deserved to be a 1st rounder.

I would personally like to see us draft a rt assuming there is a player worthy enough to go at that pick. I dont watch college ball or look at many mock drafts until closer to draft time so im not really sure who the potential prospects might be.

I agree that O line is a priority - it has been since the day we drafted Cam - but I think WR is #1. DeAngelo still did some work with his touches this year. By no means am I arguing that we have an admirable ground game, but run blocking is not the priority. From an O line standpoint, protecting Cam is the damn priority. Just for poos and giggles, here's the list of running backs that ran the ball at least 8 times per game and compiled at least 100 attempts during the season, sorted by average yards per carry. DeAngelo ranked 17th out of 38.

Yardspercarry_zps9d211b81.png

Good lord Trent Richardson sucks.

from what I've read, this draft is much deeper at WR than OT...that could play a big

role in who we take in the first.

Agreed I could see us taking a db as well what if we lose hardy and one of the top 4-3 DEs are there? Think we'd get another pass rusher

Also, it would be hard to pass on a star CB or Safety if they fall to us in the first.

Gotta love being on a smartphone lol

While the o-line needs to be addressed, it is most definitely not our top priority.  All the teams in the superbowl have multiple weapons in the passing game who can take the ball to the house on any play.  We have 1(?) with Tedd Ginn.  Teams don't respect our passing game and so they blitz because they know our receivers won't get open in time.  With this in mind, making o-line the top priority most likely wont even fix this issue because I don't think the best o-line in the league could buy enough time for our receivers to get open.

And it's not like we can only address one position every offseason.  I believe we can address WR, DB, and OL with a good free agency and draft.

Tom Brady won 3 super bowls with #2 and 3 WRs. I think its better to say all teams that have gone to the super bowl have had good to great Olines. 

Archived