• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Gettleman up to something?

KillaCamNewton

Deandre Hopkins could've been there in the second last year and it wouldn't have mattered. Gettleman had his mind made up that if KK was there he was taking him no matter what. I just hope this story isn't true. Stewart isn't going anywhere and you just drafted Barner last year. I honestly think if Barner adds 10-15 pounds of muscle, he'll be ok.

With money being so tight and so many spots to fill I'm not sure Gman will be able to put himself in position to draft BPA completely over need come draft. Going to be a real interesting off season. Making moves in order to free up space or drafting Cam some actual weapons should be priority number 1.

Wilson was able to move the chains on third down in the SB because his recievers were able to get open, make a play and even come back to the ball. When we play teams like SF and Seattle it's so obviously we don't have guys that can do these things.

Like others have said, imagine the poo storm if Gettleman would tell agents what he plans to do with other agent's players such as cuts and trades.  Particularly when he has no idea how the draft is going to work out at this point. If Gettleman is telling the truth earlier when he said he would try to fill holes through FA so he can go BPA in the draft, he would not be even worrying about the draft until he sees how free agency plays out. I find it hard to believe that he would have much to say to agents of draftees to begin with.  It isn't as if the agents have any say in how the draft process unfolds anyway.

We have cap room for whoever we want to sign, but honestly Gettleman doesn't strike me the kind of guy who will spend a ton for any player outside of Cam right now.  He trimmed 30 million off the cap last year and could trim another 10-15 million again if he chose to do it.  Truth is that Gettleman is going to be conservative and thrifty.  I can see folks here getting really pissed when we do have plenty of cap money and Gettleman still doesn't go on a spending spree like Hurney would at times.

In before someone else does it:  "SMOKE SCREEN!!!"

Kidding aside, it's WAY too early to take anything said seriously.  There is a whole shadow market around the draft of "stock" of various players.  So it could just be part of the game where you want to boost certain guys, hoping they get picked earlier and your guy falls to you.

Who knows, I wish all of the players good luck and good health, but its hard to take those kind of phone calls seriously right now.  

Not sure who would trade for J Stew's rediculous contract. Maybe if some team hires Hurney as a GM there will be a chance for a trade.

Pretty sure Hurney is working with Jerry Jones as a "special consultant".

Hooray for Cowboy tears!!.

As for what Gettleman is up to... if I had to guess I would say he's up to his ears in strange. Saw it on twitter, I swear. Got pics to prove it but I, uh...misplaced them.

Archived