• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FA will want to come to Carolina this year....you can count on it!

Hotsauce

So everyone is already talking about how Carolina will be a big contender next year.

We are young, have some great pieces in place and have a solid young core to build around.

We also have a players coach who just won coach of the year

We finished 12-4 in the regular season, #2 in the NFC which is >AFC

The NFCS is one if the top divisions to play in, as a player you get tons of exposure with lots of primetime games

BOA is becoming a hard place to play on the road in (we still have work to do mind you)

We are a few pieces away from being a carbon copy of the reigning Super Bowl champion.

I suspect Gettleman will make some great signings this year and it won't be because we were just lucky to land someone big, it will be because players will want to come to a team where they fell like they can win the Super Bowl.

Now am I right or am I right?

Agree panther football is now a winning brand and with two elite players leading both sides of the ball Cam and Luke, and Rivera signed up long term and being nationally recognised as a top coach, I think players will see us as a great place to play there football.

True.  Look at what Seattle did last year.  They went out and got Cliff Avril and Percy Harvin.

Harvin came at a steep price (1st, 3rd and 7th rd picks), but both of these players played huge in the Super Bowl.

In 2012 the Ravens went and picked up Boldin, a guy they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without.

There will come a point where we will have to land a high quality free agent, and he will probably choose Carolina because we are only a few pieces away.

The only problem is the position I think we could use a big name is the one position that Ego and $$ come into play... WR.

But to play Devil's Advocate to myself, The One WR I would actually like to see us land (1 to 2 year contract of course) is from Charlotte played Football in NC (If you consider what UNC puts on the field football MUHAHA) has ties to our GM and I think would like to come Home to the point where he may take a team Friendly deal.

If I were a decent DB, I would take a close look at Carolina.  That front 7, the #2 Defense in the NFL, etc.  Hard to look bad when the QB is rushed every play and the run game is shut down.

If I were a DE who had a down year, I would watch the Hardy situation.

If I were a WR, I would take a look at the number of targets I could get in this system.

Archived