• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Salary Cap Calculator (ADVANCED)

thunderraiden

I don't think that Cam will be extended this year. Picking up the option is the smartest business decision and allows Gettleman to put together a better team. 

Gotta work with Cam on that one.  If he's okay with it, then that would definitely be our best option.  However, you gotta keep the franchise QB happy.  If he wants to work out an extension now, then go ahead and get him locked up.

After looking at this site, I think CJ, Olsen, Kalil, and Tolbert are prime candidates for a restructure/extension and that Godfrey and D. Will are as good as gone.

D. Will won't be getting cut under his current contract... even a 6/1 cut would result in a 4 mil cap hit this year and a 6.6 mil cap hit next year. 

I cut d. lo and godfrey (june 1st on both) and extended cam with a carbon copy of Matt Ryans deal except I made Cam's 7 years and added 15million to the contract, I franchised Hardy and extended Gross two more years at 6 million and still had 8 Million in cap space. We can do this. Dwan Edwards can be cut also if we need to sign our draft picks.

I don't think that Cam will be extended this year. Picking up the option is the smartest business decision and allows Gettleman to put together a better team. 

His option based on the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL would be 17 million fully guaranteed. If you give him a long term deal, the first year would most likely be lower then that. 

Can someone give me a quick run down on signing bonus, roster bonus and workout bonus? Or a link with laymans terms?

Signing Bonuses are spread out over a 5 year period. So if a player got a 5 year deal for 50 million with 15 million signing bonus. His Signing Bonus would hit the cap at 3 million per year.

Workout and Roster bonuses are considered LTBE incentives and are given if the player is on the roster after a certain date or participate in enough off of the team's practices and workout programs.  These two type of bonuses only hit the cap for one season. 

i did the same thing...then got bummed out and quit.

Just find comparing player contracts on Spotrac and copy and paste their numbers. Like what I did by giving Cam basically a carbon copy of Matt Ryan's deal and the thing is, after the signing bonus, teams don't give much in the way of salary the first two season. Matt Ryan only made 1 million in salary (less than 100k check after each game) the first season of his 6 year deal. I just choose to give Cam 7 years.

His option based on the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL would be 17 million fully guaranteed. If you give him a long term deal, the first year would most likely be lower then that. 

It would be 17 million the season after the next. The cap number this year would be 5 million. Gettleman isn't paid to be Cam's friend, but to look out for the franchise. It would be not smart to do it this offseason because it screws the whole cap, and there isn't an incentive for the team. The CBA screws young players.

Next offseason teams will have an incentive to work out an offseason. If they can't work it, they can franchise him the year after. The union really screwed the young players.

I understand that Cam will want an extension as soon as possible, but when they pick up the option, he get 17 million. That's what he made in 3 years.

Making Godfrey a June 1 cut is pretty much the only major cut we can make... we're going to have to restructure some guys before we can start unloading the worst contracts next year.

Agree, Even DeAngelo is a tricky situation but I think Gettleman will eventually let him go.

Agree, Even DeAngelo is a tricky situation but I think Gettleman will eventually let him go.

I think he'll wait another year for that, though... and by then maybe he'll want to restructure if we're coming off a Super Bowl or primed for one. I don't think he'll do it this year because of all the dead money, though.

Archived