• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State

Ruff

Adams might not can get as high as KB because he has a larger  catching radius( KB 6'5, DA 6'2), but Adams wins more on a consistent level when high pointing the ball. he is by far the best fade runner, in the red zone.

climbing the ladder WR threats

1. Adams

2a. Benjamin

2b. Evans

OBJ should be on this list as well. Pretty dominate at the catch point for his size.

Really starting to get on board the Adams bandwagon at 28 if we go receiver. My dream would be for us to trade back 8-10 spots and still pick him up but that is risky and Gettleman doesn't seem like the type to move around the board. 

I love his ability to just flat out make plays both in the field and in the red zone. He is exactly the type of receiver Cam needs to be groomed and to grow. It is important to remember that he is only 21, and will continue to put on some mass and grow into his frame ever more. 

I think Davante Adams runs better than expected this weekend and has a solid combine which should solidify him as a late-first round talent in which case I can get all the way on board with him. Once this kid matures physically after a few more years and is coached up he may very well be a top 3 receiver out of this class and a better than average NFL receiver that has number one potential. 

I haven't done my first Mock yet or the research to go with it, but based on what was coming out of Carolina in the last draft. If one of the top tackles doesn't fall, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go TE in the first if someone is there that they feel fits the system. 

However, a bunch of this year's draft TE's are more like glorified Big Slot WR's then your more traditional Inline TE's. 

Know what? I've re-watched some stuff on Adams and want him on the Panthers the most out of a lot of guys in this draft.  He's giving us a legitimate threat. 

His style is just epic.

Per: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/davante-adams-1.html#all_receiving

*2012 Fresno State MWC SO WR 13 102 1312 12.9 14         102 1312 12.9 14 *2013 Fresno State MWC SO WR 13 131 1719 13.1 24         131 1719 13.1 24

He get's open, has great leaping ability and concentration, strong, can out-tough defenders regularly.  He plays with the combo of finesse and fight I like.

I hope he's available at 28.  I'd have to imagine the Chiefs will at least be interested.   

• 2 weeks later...

Adams is definitely a darkhorse 1st rounder.  I'd love to get him but think he falls somewhere between 28 and 60.  There will be better value at 28 but I just don't see him lasting until 60.  Looking at this crop, I think there will be a late first and second round run at WR.  

Archived