• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Front Office doesn't care what you think

Hotsauce

If the majority of the Panthers fans would rather have Smith and no guaranteed Super Bowl (and that's what it seems like) than no Smith and a Super Bowl, then that would be the right decision, regardless of what it means for the teams chances at winning. Which is right?

You seriously think fans here would rather keep Smith than win a Super Bowl without him?

Oy :unsure:

It's all a matter of opinion and it's a tough decision, but what the fans want IS the most important thing. JR has understood that, and Hurney understood that (but that was his fatal flaw because he completely abused it and overdid it and handed out terrible contracts).

You're seriously arguing in favor of the approach taken by Marty Hurney?

Seriously?

Gettleman right now is making us like the Patriots, and I can't stand it. I don't care about winning if you win without any class. There is a way to balance it, and many teams have done it and been successful with Super Bowl wins.

Pretty sure better than 90% of the fanbases in the league would be happy with their team being "like the Patriots", i.e. winning.

Decisions like this have had to be made with Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre and numerous others.  And in the vast majority of cases, it;s been the right call.

Cutting a popular player is never something the fans want to see, but as often as not, it's the right move.

That wasn't my point dumbass. My point is that the most important thing in the NFL is making the fans happy. Are you saying an NFL team would be happy with going 19-0 even if no fans showed up to a single game? Not a chance.

Winning games makes fans happy.

Guest shitposting

I'm rubber, you're glue. Anything you say....

Find someone your own age to play with, cuz I am done. It was fun, and that is the most important thing.

Again stop acting like such a child.

Next time just post according to the topic, simple.

Last I checked, franchises make money from US, the fans. WE pay for tickets, WE pay for $9 beers, WE pay for merchandise. So if you are going to insist on sticking with this "it's a business" mantra, then keep this in mind: What pays their bills is what keeps us happy, and the tens of millions they gain by cutting Smith is insignificant compared to the hundreds of millions they stand to lose by pissing off the loyal fans and putting a crappy product on the field.

Does buying tickets, beer and merchandise entitle you to a say in how the team is run?

Cause if that's the case then this team has a few million bosses to report to right now.  And judging just by the relatively small sampling of people on this board, they tend to disagree with each other a lot.  I'd say that's gonna make it extremely difficult for the team when it comes time to make decisions.

The front office pretty much owes us one thing and one thing only, a winning team.  And when it comes to building that, I'll take the opinion of a guy with three Super Bowl rings over any collection of fans whose experience running a team came through a video game.

It was clearly an exaggeration, I'm just saying if the fans would rather keep Smith and not win a SB than get rid of him and have a better chance, then that's the right decision. I'm not saying it would be good of the fans to do that, but if the fan base as a whole thought that way, then keeping Smith would be the best decision for the franchise.

If fans want that, then fans are idiots.

No team in the league is going to take a fan poll when it comes to making a decision on who to keep, who to cut, who to draft or any other decision.  Nor should they.  The whole notion is just ludicrous.

Not gonna lie. I just happen to believe there are far too many kids on this board whose parents never told them no. Throw a hissy fit and you got your way. Me, me, me, I, I, I, gimme, gimme, gimme.

I am sure the Panthers will have to fold their tent when all you kids decide to quit being fans. Cuz you know, if your hissy fit doesn't work, you will have to do something drastic. Maybe holding your breath will make the FO wise up. Ya, that's the ticket.

Kids...It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

The argument that fans should have some input on how the franchise is run because they buy the tickets is one of the silliest things I've ever seen on this board.

I don't know why anyone would be proud to rep Carolina colors at this point. Other teams that are already much better than us are making moves trying to improve, while our team makes embarrassing headlines. Even Michael Jordan spends money to win and people say he is horrible. He is not half as bad as Richardson. 

Between Jerry Richardson owned teams and Michael Jordan owned teams, who's had more success?

And the major irony of this post is that the reason why our team is cap-strapped right now is because it was run by a General Manager who used the exact sort of approach you think we ought to use.

If fans want that, then fans are idiots.

No team in the league is going to take a fan poll when it comes to making a decision on who to keep, who to cut, who to draft or any other decision.  Nor should they.  The whole notion is just ludicrous.

From everything I've read about Smitty all the comments were people who disagreed with the decision and were upset by it.

My advice to OP and eveeyone else that is pissed... stop watching. Stop going. End of the day if you don't change the market you are wasting air. The FO does what it does because it can. And believe it or not, the organization believes it is acting in its best interest. From a sentimental standpoint it sucks but sentiment does not generate profit. Get over it.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived