• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis not pleased with Carolina not signing Nicks

Car123

Dude, I respect you tremendously. You're one of the Huddle patriarchs. You and P55. We know and appreciate that. But you've seriously got to stop calling those with entirely justifiable concerns children, childish, stupid, womanly, hormonal, etc. Seriously. Both of you. You honestly have to see that your blind, wholehearted trust in Gettleman is just as childish as those who think that he has mismanaged this offseason and set us up for dire straights this spring and summer. Whether or not you look at the information at our disposal, the retirements, the releases, the puddle deep depth at key positions, and choose to come to the conclusion that he is fugging up, I don't care. But STOP leaping to his defense on faith alone, and then calling others childish. It's honestly beneath you. Sent from my GT-N8013 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Justifiable concerns I have no issue with.  Neither do I have blind trust in what's happening right now.

What I do have is a calendar, and that calendar tells me is is March 14th.  That means we have nearly six months before we have to play our first regular season game.

In-between now and then, we have several more weeks of free agency, the draft, undrafted player signings, other team's cuts, trade options, our own cuts, restructures, etc.  You name it.  It's all open.  We haven't opted out of any of it.

So with all that in mind, you'll have to pardon me if i feel the people who are already prepared to abandon the season right now, are being...well, a tad premature.

Dude, I respect you tremendously. You're one of the Huddle patriarchs. You and P55. We know and appreciate that. But you've seriously got to stop calling those with entirely justifiable concerns children, childish, stupid, womanly, hormonal, etc. Seriously. Both of you. You honestly have to see that your blind, wholehearted trust in Gettleman is just as childish as those who think that he has mismanaged this offseason and set us up for dire straights this spring and summer. Whether or not you look at the information at our disposal, the retirements, the releases, the puddle deep depth at key positions, and choose to come to the conclusion that he is fugging up, I don't care. But STOP leaping to his defense on faith alone, and then calling others childish. It's honestly beneath you. Sent from my GT-N8013 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I am not saying that I agree with everything that Gettleman has done because he hasn't done anything yet.  But I am willing to wait to see what happens rather than acting hysterically as if the sky is falling.  Both Mr Scot and I have been around enough to know that you sometimes have to wait to see how things turn out instead of overreacting right away.  I am a Panther fan which means I support the team and the players as well as the guys Richardson hired to run the team.  I saw Gettleman make a bunch of good moves last year and don't think he went totally bonkers in the last 6 months. So I will wait and see what happens.

As for calling others childish, what else it is?  Fours days into free agency and people are making all kind of ridiculous comments.  Is that the mature adult approach and I am the one who is crazy?? 

Justifiable concerns I have no issue with. Neither do I have blind trust in what's happening right now.

What I do have is a calendar, and that calendar tells me is is March 14th. That means we have nearly six months before we have to play our first regular season game.

In-between now and then, we have several more weeks of free agency, the draft, undrafted player signings, other team's cuts, trade options, etc.

So with all that in mind, you'll have to pardon me if i feel the people who are already prepared to abandon the season right now, are being...well, a tad premature.

Accepted. It's early. We get it. But dial back the name calling. It's turning into, "I'm right and if you disagree with me, you're a baby. So there!" In here and it's not helping anyone. Come on dawg, you're one of the elder statesmen. Set the example so we can get this forum back on course.

FYI, I totally disagree with you, but dammit do I respect you!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Dude, I respect you tremendously. You're one of the Huddle patriarchs. You and P55. We know and appreciate that. But you've seriously got to stop calling those with entirely justifiable concerns children, childish, stupid, womanly, hormonal, etc. Seriously. Both of you.You honestly have to see that your blind, wholehearted trust in Gettleman is just as childish as those who think that he has mismanaged this offseason and set us up for dire straights this spring and summer. Whether or not you look at the information at our disposal, the retirements, the releases, the puddle deep depth at key positions, and choose to come to the conclusion that he is fugging up, I don't care. But STOP leaping to his defense on faith alone, and then calling others childish.It's honestly beneath you. Sent from my GT-N8013 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I can't speak for mr scot and p55,

But I wouldn't call it having blind trust in Gettleman.

Maybe that is the only way your.mind can grasp anybody remaining calm about this.

Patience, and common sense are two extremely valuable traits that few people truly grasp anymore. Traits that are known to come with age and experience. So when he calls himself an adult among angry children, I understand him very well, and agree with his statement

Today's society is so filled with people who over react to everything. It's all they know.

Lol, but y'all trust Gettleman

Gettleman took a team that had very,very little cap money and filled needed holes by making smart personal decisions and Panthers went 12-4 and were NFL South Champions. Until he proves otherwise,yes, I trust Gettleman as the Panthers General Manager.

If Gettleman  had been here years ago we would not be in this cap hell mess that he is working hard to get us out of.

If he reads this forum,which I highly doubt, I feel sure he thinks this fanbase is overloaded  with a bunch whiners and sob sisters.

I have a question for long time Huddlers.

When was the last time this place was THIS bad. Cause I'm about to just chill in the lounge and tbox for awhile.

Sarcasm overload is so boring and played out

I'm not sure I remember.

Maybe I just don't want to.

Accepted. It's early. We get it. But dial back the name calling. It's turning into, "I'm right and if you disagree with me, you're a baby. So there!" In here and it's not helping anyone. Come on dawg, you're one of the elder statesmen. Set the example so we can get this forum back on course.

FYI, I totally disagree with you, but dammit do I respect you!

Fair enough.

Ya think folks on the other side will do the same?

I am not saying that I agree with everything that Gettleman has done because he hasn't done anything yet. But I am willing to wait to see what happens rather than acting hysterically as if the sky is falling. Both Mr Scot and I have been around enough to know that you sometimes have to wait to see how things turn out instead of overreacting right away. I am a Panther fan which means I support the team and the players as well as the guys Richardson hired to run the team. I saw Gettleman make a bunch of good moves last year and don't think he went totally bonkers in the last 6 months. So I will wait and see what happens.

As for calling others childish, what else it is? Fours days into free agency and people are making all kind of ridiculous comments. Is that the mature adult approach and I am the one who is crazy??

I suppose I disagree in that I've not seen Gettleman make great moves. He aced the Star pick, but anyone could have done that. The rest of the draft was a joke. Klein was a steal, but that and his FA pickups could have just as easily been flukes.

So it's not spur if the moment, knee jerk overreaction for me, although I can't cspeak for the rest of my ilk. I've pretty much been luke warm on him since last year.

And again, assuming everything is gonna be fine, and the Gettleman has got this logic is just as childish as assuming everything has gone to crap. Wait and see how things play out, yes. But making statements about the outcome of this offseason, good or bad, with surety is childish.

Archived