• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Virginia OT Morgan Moses visiting Panthers on Wednesday

jfo89

Teams with Hurney as the GM. Other than that who? Serious question..

It really depends on who's available at 28.  If there is a QB that someone wants but is afraid won't be there when they pick, we might be able to trade back.  But it's unlikely that anyone will trade up for anything else...maybe a CB, but that would be iffy.  Usually, teams trade up for QB's, WR's, and OT's, and maybe pass rushers, but two of those positions are deep this year, and it's doubtful anyone will give up much when they can get a solid guy wherever they pick in the 2nd.

My guess is we stay where we are, and take the BPA between WR, OT, CB (with CB likely being only if the WR's and OT's we rate as first round values are all gone...which I find a bit unlikely. 

I personally like Billy Turner more.

You can definitely make the argument that Billy Turner looks like a stronger option.  I think both are solid to pick, plug, and play on our line.  

Cooks/Turner/Moncrief would be an ideal 1-3 picks.  

You can definitely make the argument that Billy Turner looks like a stronger option.  I think both are solid to pick, plug, and play on our line.  

Cooks/Turner/Moncrief would be an ideal 1-3 picks.  

We need a new RT as well. Rather get Juwan James in the 3rd and Brandon Coleman in the 4th. 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe it's a bad thing because if you're bending at the waist, you are overextending yourself, which gives up leverage and allows the opponent to beat you.

Essentially, an OLineman loses all sense of balance once they bend at the waist because its leaning most of their weight forward while they're trying to kick slide backwards.  And if they do not have a strong base a defender could easily pull them forward causing them to stumble and blow right past them.

With Moses hes an interesting prospect on the cut ups I've seen.  He does have a pretty strong base, but even with that sometimes he'll stand straight up out of his pass pro and get pushed back 3 or 4 yards until he finally plants his leg to stop momentum.  Which is great that he's got the strength to stonewall a DE like that but it brings into question his stiffness in pass pro and if thats something that could ultimately be fixed.  Other times he'll pull a Byron Bell and continue to kick slide 4 yards back before even touching a guy and end up absorbing the contact that'll flush his QB out of the pocket, or he'll open his shoulders way too soon expecting a speed rush around the edge and lose on an inside move like he did a couple of times against Georgia Tech.  Eventually those two things can be fixed, but coming back to the waist bending and stiffness will be his two biggest enemies when faced with the possibility of being a franchise's LT.

As a run blocker, he pretty much occupies space, often makes initial contact but disengages after a couple seconds or is shed easily because he doesn't seem to have the strength one would expect a person of his size to possess, surprisingly good at getting to the 2nd level, but whiffs more often than not when he gets there and not exactly the most agile guy pulling on screen plays.

Overall, a solid player with good positives, but seems to really be a 2nd round guy at best and I guess I'm so bored I just spent time typing all of this up.  Happy Tuesday.

That's a long list of OTs from this past season.

well maybe but im talking about holding at the point of attack at least 7 secs.

alot of vids i saw were people doing quick 3 step drops, screens/slants and running away from clowney to make him ineffective....so of course it looks like that....but i saw rich go one on one with him straight up not involving schemes to get away from with 7 step drops. which is what cam needs to go through progressions.

with that said i still like turner and moses.

either way i still dont see any lt that will come in as a rookie and perform at a high level. eric fisher(chiefs) struggled at right tackle and luke(jags) got hurt.....ive heard cordy glenn thrown around but he was in 2nd year. penn is gone now...........

Archived