• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

I'm not saying I agree with it or like how it was handled. But Smith is silly to act like he didn't have a heads up far in advance. The new GM wasn't bluffing apparently. That's a loud message to everyone else.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

I seriously hope this bites Gettleman in the ass and fans run him out of town. The "it's just business" attitude is responsible for countless atrocities across the globe, both serious and non, and it needs to be punished. Just because it's business doesn't give you the right to be a complete ass hole, have some damn decency and class.

I understand older players get cut, but the way Steve was treated was inexcusable. You can run a business and not be a dick at the same time. If you can't, then you aren't good enough at your job.

It's also good to see the overwhelming majority side with SS on this, even tho some are doing their best to smear him.

I would bet that G man learned a lot from this experience - he has admitted he has made mistakes in the past and is learning as he goes - I respect that, but as far as rreleasing Smith I believe he would do it over just handle it all better.  But you will probably never hear him say so nor any one else in the front office.  What Rivera said about it is as close as we are going to get.

To wish G man gets run out of town is to wish and hope that the Panthers suck balls for the next few years.  You are a Steve Smith fan not a Carolina Panthers fan.  You should head on over to the Ravens fan board now son.

Y'all do understand that Zod has more access that 100% of the people here, right?

FIFY...;)

unless anyone else here can attend any game, practice, presser, etc.

Also, my urine stream goes farther.

Oh stop it with the Smitty bashing nonsense. No one is doing that. It is a fact that he rubbed many players the wrong way and Gettleman decided it wasn't worth it. Doesn't make him any less of a great player. In fact, it's that attitude that everyone is his competition even his fellow WRs that made him such a great player.

I seriously hope this bites Gettleman in the ass and fans run him out of town. The "it's just business" attitude is responsible for countless atrocities across the globe, both serious and non, and it needs to be punished. Just because it's business doesn't give you the right to be a complete ass hole, have some damn decency and class.

I understand older players get cut, but the way Steve was treated was inexcusable. You can run a business and not be a dick at the same time. If you can't, then you aren't good enough at your job.

It's also good to see the overwhelming majority side with SS on this, even tho some are doing their best to smear him.

stop being a panther fan. We need your seat

Precisely. His attitude makes him great. I don't want him changing for anyone, including this team. He is who he is. Obviously, it wasn't working anymore for Getts. Sucks, but is true. Let him go be Smitty and tear it up in Baltimore (that still hurts to say)...

Smitty's axing surprised everyone. Zod included.

Stop trying to act like Smitty did something oh so wrong last year.  Furthermore it's not really a good look to keep bringing poo up that happened years ago---things that have been forgiven, and things that Smith has tried to make amends for. He repented from busting teammates in the nose.  If someone's feelings get hurt because he is giving them a much needed pep talk, give them a box of tissues (for their nose and eyes, and their asses if necessary).

He's not trash and it's sad but this is a business and our offense was stagnant and filled with vanilla playmakers. Woulda been nice to have Smitty as a #2 possession receiver but only if he would have shredded his old contract and taken a new one like what Cotchery's. Sigh

I'm sure he is upset, but all this trash talk is a major reason why he was released.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. It's an old adage, and he's just as much in the wrong as anybody else in this fiasco.

I don't think that Smith was ever asked to renegotiate his contract. And I don't see what he did or said as biting the hand that fed him. He spoke out against our stagnant offense, which is exactly what I'd expect from my veteran WR...

Archived