• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

Sorry. I meant those of us that matter. :)

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

all I'm saying is, if you end up at 5-11 come dec you won't matter to anyone but yourselves. I'm sure you'll continue sucking mama Gettleman's boob believing she knows best & that's perfectly fine w/ me. But others may not be so passive.

Oh stop it with the Smitty bashing nonsense. No one is doing that. It is a fact that he rubbed many players the wrong way and Gettleman decided it wasn't worth it. Doesn't make him any less of a great player. In fact, it's that attitude that everyone is his competition even his fellow WRs that made him such a great player.

Smitty was always a bit of a double-edged sword in that regard.

Someone else on here said what made him great is also what got him cut.  I think that's a fair statement.

I think Smith said it himself that it wasn't about the money. He was already a rich man.

Haha I love Smith, but that is such bull poo. If it is not a little bit about money than you could have taken a pay-cut and it would've been fine. It was as much about money to him and it was to us. 

That said, has anyone never thought that it may not be easy to develop as a young wide receiver next to Smitty? People like him so much because they respect him, but that doesn't mean he's easy to deal with. 

You don't get it.

Enjoy the Ravens season.

We all have moved on.

Lmao don't get cute, I would never do such a thing. I have accepted Smitty is no longer here, I'm just tired of you spreading your speculation to the masses and them accepting it as gospel without any real facts or incidents to back it up that he was a bad teammate.  You have still yet to give any real proof and someone had to call you out for it, and I'm that someone

Go ahead I'm still waiting

"Tweets like that are what cost him his job..."

"He should be thankful..."

Gimme a break. The entire situation was handled poorly from the get-go by the organization (Gettelman) and people are giving Smith grief because he's taken some exception to that?

We wouldn't be hearing much of anything from Smith had this entire situation been dealt with in a far more professional manner.

Wishing bad on "your team". Yea you can go fug yourself.

Not wishing bad on my team. Said hope this bites GMan in the ass and by that I primarily mean that I hope smitty performs better than the players GMan has replaced him with and punishment follows. If you are going to use the "it's just business" excuse to be a dick, it deserves to backfire.

I feel that sometimes we forget that these athletes are people. Not just tools for our amusement. Football is a job to them. It's no different than if you worked at McDonald's for 13 years, started out as a fry cook, worked your way up to GM, and then some new guy from corporate comes in and says you gotta go. After all those years of hard work and dedication you would feel some type of way too.

Smitty gave us the best years of his life, and now he has to spend the twilight of his career in Baltimore. All bullshit aside, this was his home and he basically got kicked out by the new step dad.

Sent from my LGMS769 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

im struggling to understand all of the outrage over his feelings. Feelings that were expressed by the majority of the fan base as well. But apparently he's not suppose to feel any type of way himself even though its him going through it. Or else he's being a sensitive prick

Not wishing bad on my team. Said hope this bites GMan in the ass and by that I primarily mean that I hope smitty performs better than the players GMan has replaced him with and punishment follows. If you are going to use the "it's just business" excuse to be a dick, it deserves to backfire.

there's really no way to make that sound legit without stepping up and just saying you hope our receivers suck and we lose games...  in any scenario.  Just go ahead and call it for what it is (based on how you feel)..

Steve was told last year to stop being a dick to other players. He didn't stop. It's not like he wasn't given a heads up.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Interesting

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived