• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6th Round - Carolina selects RB Tyler Gaffney, Stanford

Ruff

love this pick, he was one of the RBs i thought would be available late in the draft that would be great value

DG is planning for down the road when we cut lose our overpaid RBs. Rotating a stable of cheap mid-late round RBs is the best way to go in todays NFL 

Gettle apparently became possessed by Hurney this year. Ignore weaknesses while you draft players at already ridiculously strong positions.

I look forward to running our triple option offense this year and 52 defense.

Gettlemen had a very Hurney like draft last year

Gettlemen had a very Hurney like draft last year

I have to disagree, I was completely on board with those early picks last year. DT, like WR, was a position ignored for years by Hurney (3rd rounders don't count). So, those picks were necessary.

This year, I just don't get it. The only ones that made sense in terms of need were KB and possibly Boston.

Does anyone feel like this is Hurney all over? We do well in round one, and the rest is just doubling down at the same old positions. 

It's doubtful that he'll play a snap this season. If he does he probably won't go far with whatever offensive line we put together. Even if this pick is for next season (I guess that means we're rebuilding at one winning season?) I don't think it makes any sense to take it now. We did the same with Barner, and he's only took up space.

So our best rushers in order now:

Cam Newton

Deangelo Williams

Mike Tolbert

Jonathan Stewart

Armond Smith (Is he still around?)

Tyler Gaffney

Kenjon Barner

And we cut Poole even though I thought he showed potential. At what point do we stop stacking a position? Even if we cut Williams, and Stewart in the next two years, that's still two fuging years we have to find a replacement. Considering runningbacks are undervalued these days it seems that wouldn't be hard to do next draft (if we actually had to draft another). 

We got a power runner for a power running team. Derp.

Fans. You gotta love em'. No matter what Gman and Rivera had done. Not everyone was going to be happy.

I don't mind folks complaining. What irks me? Acting like the world is collapsing just because they don't agree with a pick. State your case like you know what you are talking about. Not as if you want to cry and quit.

To me this was a damm good draft. We addressed both lines. Got a WR that looks like he may just be able to contribute. Got some depth for the Defensive Backfield, and another JStew, only healthy. What is not to like?

Quit with the OMG our line is crap crap. We haven't played a down. No one knows how our line will do. IF it falls apart, then let us know you were right. You are not right yet.

I will trust the folks that do this for a living before I trust any of you. Well, Chuck of course, but the rest of you. NOT.

I have to disagree, I was completely on board with those early picks last year. DT, like WR, was a position ignored for years by Hurney (3rd rounders don't count). So, those picks were necessary.

This year, I just don't get it. The only ones that made sense in terms of need were KB and possibly Boston.

Hurney always nailed his first round picks normally....

Then DG drafted a DT, LB, RB.....Hurney-ish

Given all of our holes

just read this on rotoworld fwiw

Lol Kenjon Barner will be lucky to make the team. He better be able to win kick returner duties because he looked really bad when he got his few limited opportunities to play.

To small and not quite fast enough to make people miss.

Archived