• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mini Camp Update

Jeremy Igo

zod.... what is your thouughts on bersin? i saw the kid at camp last year and became a huge fan. i did not see him drop a ball the whole 4 days. great hands. does he have a shot this year?

He had an amazing catch today in the end zone, and Rivera listed him as a guy that had a good day in his presser.

He looks better than last season. More confident. He just might catch on.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

• Pie 1

Do you think there could be something in chandler? My guess that was gettlemans idea

could be, but we're gambling in an area that i don't think we should be. it's waaayyy too important a role to be doing that. i'd feel better about chander giving it a try if we had someone reliable on the other side. we don't. we have another gamble on the other side...that either bell will be a better LT than RT or that he won't suck at RT like he did last year.

he says he loves his hog mollies and he leads us to believe that the trenches are important to him, but when you are looking at bell and chandler as your OTs, you don't get a sense that he really believes it. i think he does on the DL, but the OL is of a secondary concern to him, esp. the outside.

i like gettleman and i trust most of what he does, but when it comes to OT and what he's doing....meh. he's got to prove it there and i just don't see it happening.

what's funny is that so many people in here were saying, "just wait. gettleman will pick someone up to play OT. he's really not going to go with those two this year." the thing is, i think we're stuck with this little experiment. i think they are going to play it through with bell and chandler as the OTs and it's going to bite us in the ass. i would love to be wrong about it. i just have to be proven wrong and we'll have to wait until the season plays out to see who was right.

• Pie 2

Gettleman has done a pretty doggone good job of finding cheap plug and play vets at positions of need. I have to think that if the OTs don't look ready to go that veteran help will be signed when teams start trimming down rosters.

Didn't Travelle Wharton play tackle on year when somebody got hurt? I think he was at least serviceable.....maybe he will come back in a pinch. Heck, anybody will be better than Bell. He was so bad at right tackle, I have zero confidence in him at LT. I don't care that he is left handed. I remember the buffalo game where he was abused and said after the game he didn't play that bad? WTF? He isn't in touch with the realities of the NFL. When you play bad and can't admit it, I don't have much respect for you.

Didn't Travelle Wharton play tackle on year when somebody got hurt? I think he was at least serviceable.....maybe he will come back in a pinch. Heck, anybody will be better than Bell. He was so bad at right tackle, I have zero confidence in him at LT. I don't care that he is left handed. I remember the buffalo game where he was abused and said after the game he didn't play that bad? WTF? He isn't in touch with the realities of the NFL. When you play bad and can't admit it, I don't have much respect for you.

You must have missed the part about him apologizing to Rivera and the shoe incident.

He knows he played like poo

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

You must have missed the part about him apologized to Rivera and the shoe incident.

He knows he played like poo

I did miss that......everybody has a bad game and if you admit you made mistakes, you can accept it and get better. If you deny it, I think it shows a lack of maturity in improving your performance. I'm glad you brought it to my attention.