• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cam getting in ealy's ear at practice today....

TheRumGone

Ealy is going to have to earn every inch. Our dline is finally awesome and it's because guys worked their asses off to get there. No rookie is going to come in and take a spot from our starters. The only guy who had the starting roll handed to him is star and that's because he's a freak of nature. Should've been a top 5 pick.

This kid is learning from the best and he'll be better for it in the long run.

this is why I have hope for the 2014 to 2025 Carolina Panthers

Amen preacher

This is so awesome by Cam, is anyone else surprised/impressed how fast he has risen to the leadership status?

I mean, he would not have done this two years ago, I get it comes with the territory of being older, but I never really expected him to be at this point or this well respected going into his fourth year the day we drafted him.  

i know right. its awesome. the sky really is the limit for this team

Ealy has been bought an extra year by Bene and Turner; If they both turn out as day 1 starters we basically have 3 (high quality by the look of things) starters from this years draft. It means the draft class overall has been an instant success and any contribution from Ealy is just gravy.

Interesting that an offensive guy ( oh happens to be franchise QB) is coaching up DE rookie. Kind of the same ilk as KK running stairs in BoA with TD. ( previous thread a month or so back). Guys seeking out other guys regardless of position and challenging them to take the next step. I could be making too much of it but I have Never heard of this sort of camaraderie. Generally there is the OL club, the WR club and so forth but here it seems like guys want to make other guys better no matter what. Good vibes from the locker room. Speaks well of Cam, TD, Rivera, etc...

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Hey Kony, just a head's up: there's a poo ton of people out here pulling for ya too, and for most of us if we get negative it's because we want to see some great things out of you. Keep putting in the work, make us proud. <3

/cheese

So the years of being awful to Byron Bell where just because the huddle expects greatness out of him ? I think not , the huddle is a fair weather friend only supportive when your winning ,like 95% of the people on here where so quick to jump on the Rivera Bandwagon when he started winning they wanted him fired not at all because they expected greatness but because they are fickle rude and shameless people , I'm glad to hear YOU feel that way but don't give these fans that much credit it's kinda sad really

So the years of being awful to Byron Bell where just because the huddle expects greatness out of him ? I think not , the huddle is a fair weather friend only supportive when your winning ,like 95% of the people on here where so quick to jump on the Rivera Bandwagon when he started winning they wanted him fired not at all because they expected greatness but because they are fickle rude and shameless people , I'm glad to hear YOU feel that way but don't give these fans that much credit it's kinda sad really

Feed yourself feet first into a pencil sharpener. I say that because I care.

Feed yourself feet first into a pencil sharpener. I say that because I care.

I know that man I told you I was glad you at least feel that way but the way you phrased it you implied that as being why the huddle is so negative because u said we and I was saying your a rare individual friend I meant no disrespect to you it was a complement :)

This is so awesome by Cam, is anyone else surprised/impressed how fast he has risen to the leadership status?

I mean, he would not have done this two years ago, I get it comes with the territory of being older, but I never really expected him to be at this point or this well respected going into his fourth year the day we drafted him.  

Cam was a great leader at Auburn.  Lee Ziemba talked about how when he first got to practice the championship year, he was like who is the new TE?  The reason was because Cam was out there flipping tires and joking around with the offensive lineman.  He was quickly told that was the new QB.  When he got here, he wasn't even allowed to make changes at the line of scrimmage and don't forget the 5'9" veteran whose hands were all over this team.  That is why after Gross' retirement and the jettisoning of SS, Cam is showing so much more leadership.  Save for his hatred of losing which was perceived as pouting, Cam has always been willing to be at the forefront leading.  In conclusion, I witnessed the 14-0 run of a Juco transfer QB and his band of misfits.  So him showing this natural maturation and leadership after the previous offensive team leaders are gone, is not a surprise.  I am excited though.

i love this quote and it shows the state of the team right now, even through fiery practices:

"It could be every man for himself, but this team is different. There are a lot of guys on the defensive side of the ball – not just my position group – and on the offensive side of the ball helping out."

this is why i have hope for Ealy. and this is also why i have hope for the 2014 Carolina Panthers

Stuff like this is what I always think of every time some nimrod shoots his mouth off that we need to go out and get some loser / reject / a--hole / locker room cancer that just got suspended by the league and/or cut from another team.

"But we have a great locker room", they always say.  Yes we do, and a very big part of why we have that is because we don't offer paychecks to losers / rejects / a--holes / locker room cancers that just got suspended by the league and/or cut from another team.

Instead, we have the kind of guys that you read about in this article.

Archived