• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kink in the Enemy Armor

Beast_3000

I've been saying for a while, Brees is getting older, I thought last year was the Saints last hurrah to make a real run at the super bowl. Brees is getting to the drop off age of QBs, and that Defense lost a ton of pieces and there's a book on Ryans defense now in the NFL south. Saints will be decent but not amazing like the pundits are predicting. If our O-line holds up, I think we can be the class of the south yet again.

I agree. I really don't think the Saints will roll through the NFC South as predicted. Every year the unforeseen happens in the NFL. No one picked the Eagles or Panthers to win their respected divisions last year.

Brees looked human on the road last year. Monsters Inc. can make it happen in the dome too.

Actually John Clayton wrote that. I should have known.

I respect him.

The theory is probably to intelligent for the Saints beat writer

That's funny because I heard Clayton on ESPN radio earlier tonight. He was asked how the Falcons would look this year, and I poo you not all he kept saying was how the Saints would win the entire NFC not to mention run away with the NFCS. "The Falcons will have a very hard time knocking off the Saints to win the NFC South."

Like what the fug are you kidding me.

Not one mention of the team that actually won the NFCS of course.

That's funny because I heard Clayton on ESPN radio earlier tonight. He was asked how the Falcons would look this year, and I poo you not all he kept saying was how the Saints would win the entire NFC not to mention run away with the NFCS. "The Falcons will have a very hard time knocking off the Saints to win the NFC South."

Espn hates black people

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

WTF ??? Wow

I didn't know he said that...... His comment shows how analyst think the Panthers season was a fluke. A steady culture of winning will shut their pie hole and cast out doubt.

It's funny how that's one of the few jobs you can have that you never have to be accountable for your opinion, regardless of how off-base it might be.

This is where Clayton loses respectability--

"Odds favor the Saints going 5-1 in the NFC South. If they beat the Atlanta Falcons on the road, they could go 6-0." 

First of all, what odds maker is paying out if the Saints do not win 5 in the South?  With Atlanta, Carolina and even the new-look Bucs in the division, giving any team a preseason 5-1 record at the least is stupid.  He is suggesting that the Saints will undoubtedly sweep the 12-4 Panthers.  Clayton is drinking all the Kool-Aid about the Panthers and has already dismissed them.  He is a media parrot, nothing more. 

Reasons for the Saints return to Mt. Olympus?  Their DL.  Brandon Cooks.  The last time I checked, the Panthers have a pretty good DL and a pretty good rookie WR. 

I agree. I really don't think the Saints will roll through the NFC South as predicted. Every year the unforeseen happens in the NFL. No one picked the Eagles or Panthers to win their respected divisions last year.

Brees looked human on the road last year. Monsters Inc. can make it happen in the dome too.

Honestly, Brees has always sucked outside of the dome. When he starts to lose a step there its all over.

Archived