• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does barner make the team?

Running him in a power run scheme with poor run blocking......what do u expect? Only RB that will look decent will be a power back. He is the polar opposite

I guess you missed that whole "He doesn't fit here" line.

So far, I've seen nothing from Barner that looks like an NFL RB.  He may be fast in a timed run, but his initial burst looks very average in terms of an NFL RB.  He can't block, he can't catch, and he's hesitant.  None of that is scheme related.

I guess you missed that whole "He doesn't fit here" line.

So far, I've seen nothing from Barner that looks like an NFL RB. He may be fast in a timed run, but his initial burst looks very average in terms of an NFL RB. He can't block, he can't catch, and he's hesitant. None of that is scheme related.

I was really just echoing you. Sorry if it came across different.

hes being used incorrectly. not his fault. he needs to be catching screens out of the back field. hes not a downhill power runner. hes a finese runner. you cant force a square peg through a round hole.

They can't use him the way you claim because he can't catch the ball.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Saying that he needs the ball in space is like saying he lacks the talent to create separation... Do we redesign our play book for him or go with someone who already fits?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

There are tons of RBs who need space and can't be run like FBs.

We need to go with what fits and works. Tolbert/Stewart then Williams

'

that is an excuse. I know he was a "sexy" pick for us but he doesn't bring much to the table. Joe Adams was a better return man than KB and I'm pretty sure Adams is out of the NFL. 

lol be careful saying KB... those two letters have come to mean something different haha

He is getting a really long look right now, lots of snaps, which makes me think he is under the microscope.

I really believe his performance on Sunday will dictate if he is here or not after first cuts.

poo. we have to put up with him one more game? :/ well... if thats what gets him off the roster then so be it...

Archived