• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Huddle Tailgate Announcement! *Please Read*

boo7382

what's the regulations on booze? obviously you couldn't have anything for sale without a liquor license, and i'm not sure how much ALE patrols these things for illicit activity, but if you guys ever decided to include a system of drink tickets i'd be down to bartend a few of these events. i owe a few of you some cement mixers.

Brand new here. This sounds like a great way to support the community. Is there space for actual parking in this lot? Or is this like a fan zone that Huddlers will congregate at after finding parking? After donating, hypothetically let's say Zod level, will there still be a weekly parking fee per game (if there's parking on site)? Or is this just a Kickstarter like thing to build a pool of funds to sponsor things with and people will still need to pay for parking, food, drink, etc? Can I cook my own food should I want to host a small tailgate for some friends/relatives?

I am so happy with the support we have already received, thanks guys! I really love our tailgates and I know we can make this work again, so thank you for helping to confirm that!

To answer some of your questions:

For people who are struggling financially currently or may be coming from out of town, you have a few options:

1) you could team up with a few other huddlers coming to the same game and donate together

2) we will never turn down donations. if you are coming for just one game and feel you only want to give for that game, that's totally fine too.

The goal here is to build a base so that we can get ourselves started and going and then build off that each week. So, if you are not able to donate until week 3, then so be it. If you are able to donate now by you giving $20 and someone else giving $20, that works even better!

I don't live in Charlotte, but would love to give to this worthy awesome cause.

We are more than happy to take your money from out of town!! I can gladly ship you a shirt, koozie, etc if you can give me your information.

Alcohol?

We are not currently considering providing any alcohol. Mainly because some people drink and some don't and also because we don't want to mess with any laws, regulations, random rules I don't know about selling or providing. If we got enough people to agree or donate, we could consider a keg for one of the games, but I really don't know what the rules are for that. We WILL be providing non-alcoholic drinks such as water and soda. 

Is there space for actual parking in this lot? Or is this like a fan zone that Huddlers will congregate at after finding parking?

I've been told this is a pretty busy tailgate lot with some people who have been there for a long time. From what I understand, the only parking in OUR lot is in the spots that Roaring Riot has donated for us. It's up to him to decide what goes in those spots. We would like to have as much space as possible for our tents and banners, flags, tables, etc. However, there is plenty of parking around, especially down Morehead away from the stadium. I'm sure SCP or cookinwithgas could chime in since they already tailgate in that area.

After donating, hypothetically let's say Zod level, will there still be a weekly parking fee per game (if there's parking on site)?

We will not charge you for parking, but depending on where you choose to park, there may be a fee. I know if you walk far enough behind us, there is free parking past 77 if you don't mind walking.

Or is this just a Kickstarter like thing to build a pool of funds to sponsor things with and people will still need to pay for parking, food, drink, etc?

We ask you to donate something as you will have food and non-alcoholic drinks included. We are sponsoring this as the Huddle, but this is all being funded by us, as members.

Can I cook my own food should I want to host a small tailgate for some friends/relatives? 

You are more than welcome to bring your own food and grill if you would like. I'm sure a couple other people would throw stuff on it with you or bring their own. If you know you will be bringing a large group, please consider donating and then letting us know in the tailgate thread that week so that we can plan to bring more food to feed your friends and relatives. Just please don't bring a big group of opposing team's fans- that's a personal request from me ;)

maybe you addressed this and i'm a dumbass for not catching it, but is the donation an annual type thing or what? if i drop money on a zod package, is that solely a contribution to kickstart this thing and i still need to donate/contribute for food each game? how does that work?

Archived