• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A closer look at Bersin preseason stats

Jeremy Igo

Sat within a few feet of his parents last year in Spartanburg.  They were both wearing Panther Bersin jerseys.  My wife asked who's that and pointed to their jerseys.  I just told her he was some guy that grew up in Jerry's neighborhood and went to Wofford and that Bersin was on the team as a mercy case.

Maybe this year he can prove me wrong.

Yeah looks I was dead wrong when I said last week he ceiling was a 4. I think he could end up at the 3 over Avant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I like Bersin and he's got a promising future but Avant is clutch. When Bersin does something in games that count that warrants a YouTube appreciation video, I may reconsider but until then don't underestimate Avant. He's a great Cather of balls....he catches everything thrown in his general direction - that just what he does.

His stats are extremely deceptive in their current form. All they show is that he's capable of performing against 2nd and 3rd string guys. Theres been zero indication that he could perform, at a consistent level against 1st string NFL players.

Im not saying he doesnt deserve a chance though and I absolutely think the guy should make the final 53, but all this talk about him being a #2, needs to stop until he's actually proven he's capable of beating starting caliber players in the NFL on a consistent basis. 

It's more important who those stats came against, doesn't mean much if they came against future grocery baggers.

Lol you go out there and play dude. Let's see how you do against "future grocery baggers". Give the kid a break

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

A lot of you are really high on this guy, and I hope you're right. It'd be nice to see an undrafted project from the practice squad develop in to something legit, even if it's a second stringer.

I'm just not prepared to believe he's ready to start in the NFL.

Right now I see him, at best, to be a WR3. He seems to have the kind of hands and size you want for that kind of thing, particularly for your 2 minute and red zone offense.

But he has tons more to prove to me before he starts. And that all starts with being a role player against starters and doing that exceptionally well.

I wish everyone would stop thinking he is a practice squad guy.  I call it the Madden mentality.  It is as if they are given a number to their talent level and that is it.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  You are stuck with that number.

He was put on the practice squad for two years because someone saw potential.  No different that King or McNutt last year.  We just stole them Denver and Miami.  Last year he was right on the bubble and just missed it.  I think he could have done better than Hixon but that is my opinion. 

He has arguably the best WR coach in the NFL.  You know he learned from the best. 

I am not saying he is the second coming of Steve Largent but he could very well be another Ricky Phroel.  Just a bigger version.  What I am saying is give the man a shot with the first team and see what he can do.  Do it this week when it doesn't count.  If he does well then Gettleman was right.  Sometimes the answer is already on your roster.

KB, Bersin and King.  Wow a Rookie and two players that worked their way up to being a first team player.

Talk about getting the media all worked up.  Good God, NFL network or ESPN would have a meltdown for sure.

GO PANTHERS 

Archived