• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 keys to a victory in Tampa

Rubi

1- JStew

We are a different offense with JStew running the ball. I just don't see the vision or instincts with DWill and we cannot afford a slow start vs that upgraded Tampa defense. Pound em out early with JStew. Will open things up in the 3rd quarter.

2- Our DLine vs Their OLine

This is a big edge for us IMO and If they start that bum backup I think our Dline will feast all day long. Their Oline may be in worse shape than ours. I expect Star/Short to blow them up. I predict a 6-7 sack day with Hardy and Johnson showing up as well. Won't matter how tall their power foward WRs are if their QB is constantly under pressure and on his ass.

3- Byron Bell

I would say our entire OLine but I'm narrowing it down to the LT. Bell needs to show up against this defense. We can't have Cam running for his life. He needs to stay upright and Bell is obviously a huge factor. Protect that blind side long enough for Cam to get it to Optimus Prime.

What does everyone else think?

I suggest we all devote a minimum of 5+ hours this week with our notepads breaking down some of the preseason footage. Send in your notes and ideas to Rivera. This is a scary game IMO because of the unknowns for both squads. Rivera will need all the help he can get...

I suggest we all devote a minimum of 5+ hours this week with our notepads breaking down some of the preseason footage. Send in your notes and ideas to Rivera. This is a scary game IMO because of the unknowns for both squads. Rivera will need all the help he can get...

lol

rrrrrrright.....

Posted this in the prediction thread

Pros:

-Might just have a healthy Stewart?

-Our new WR1 gets on the field

-Our #2 Defense is at least as good as last year.

-Bucs instability at QB

-Best FG/Punting combo in a long time, maybe ever

-Riverboat

Cons:

-Season opener history/Slow starts

-Bucs D-Line vs. our O-Line

-History of poor showings against backup QBs (essentially what a 35 year old McCown is)

-Conditioning for an afternoon away game in Florida

-Cam not 100%

I really think the only key to this game is how well our offense and special teams play.  The offense has yet to gel during the preseason and they need to be productive on Sunday for us to have a chance in this game.  The defense will do their job and hold the Bucs to around 17- 20 pts, the offense needs to put up some points and move the football.

The special teams also needs to play well in not only the return game but the coverage teams as well.  I expect a close game and a big mistake could happen on special teams that turns the tide of this game.  A muffed punt or big return by Tampa could spell disaster.

If the offense plays well (moves the football and scores touchdowns instead of field goals) and the special teams plays well (no turnovers or big returns) I think we win this game easily.  The only problem is that neither the offense nor special teams have shown they can do that to this point in the 2014 season.

Archived