• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Cam Sit This Week

chknwing

Cam missing practice Wednesday is a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits this week. He's so sore that he can't complete a none contact practice? Doesn't look good to me

No one said he was so sore he couldn't go in practice if he had to.....they are just managing an injury. Same way others miss out and rest during a week.

If it's just a pain management thing, then I would want him to play through it.

If it's a he is going to hurt himself more just by throwing then I pretty sure he would sit. 

I look at it as a building period for Cam.  Learning to throw the ball away, learning to avoid hits, learning to get the ball out quickly will only help him down the road.

Yeah... I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a great chance we lose this game even if cam were healthy, let alone if our back up was playing.

I know we have some blindly faithful fans on here and that's great but this is going to be a much tougher game than some of you realize.

No DA is vastly overrated by on here. We need Cam.

This play is a prime example.

ctd1.gif

Big time! not sure how the legend of DA started. Maybe starting DA would open a few eyes around here and people would see just how valuable Cam is to this team. Then again, haters gonna hate.

For me the issue is whether playing Cam is risky at this point.  Sometimes rib injuries are long standing issues not so much with the chance of further injury but with ongoing soreness and pain.  If by sitting him this Sunday he will be much better by the following week and he will close to 100% by the home opener then you need to sit him for the benefit of the whole season.  If on the other hand, he doesn't stand a good chance of re-injuring them further and he is going to be in pain for the next several weeks regardless then he needs the practice given how much he has missed of training camp and the preseason.

Obviously the other issue is who would be better at this point.  Is DAs hand totally recovered or not?  Who gives us the best chance to win this week??  Maybe if Cam can't run or take many hits at this point, DA and even Webb would be better options for this game.  Both have looked very good in the preseason.

"Ron come look a bunch of fans want you to sit Cam!!!!"

Realistically though we have no idea what condition he is in and unless any of you have talked to Cams doctor or coaches then who knows if he can or can't play Sunday. I trust the organization to make the best decision regarding players injury because they have all the facts that we as fans are not privy to.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

While I understand your concern I think starting DA is not the answer. Stewart, Tolbert, Williams and maybe even Fozzy are the answers. Cam should not have to throw over 25 passes Sunday or run unless he's certain he can do it without getting hit IMO

this. i too foresee a run-heavy offense with screen passes and dink&dunk throws of <25 yards. our defense will keep this close. as long as Cam can be a game manager, i see no reason why we dont win this game. and we all know Cam is fully capable of being a game manager, even with sore ribs. 

also... people keep talking about Cam's ankle. im surprised this is even still an issue for some people. there havent been reports of it actually bothering him for 3+ weeks. and even then, it was only a minor twinge here and there. idk... i think people are making more of the ankle than need be...

Archived