• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Peterson deactivated AGAIN indefinitely

thunderraiden

Holy poo. That's huge. Budweiser is a massive, massive, MASSIVE sponsor.

Greg Hardy is probably not going to play again this season.

I wouldn't say the entire season. I think if he's found innocent in November he should be activated immediately, but I wouldn't tempt fate before that.

Companies place employees on paid leave during their legal issues all the time. Why are Greg and AP any different? If anything, the media pressure is forcing their respective organizations to admit they made mistakes in how they tried to sweep these legal issues under the rug just because these were players critical to their teams' success.

I wouldn't say the entire season. I think if he's found innocent in November he should be activated immediately, but I wouldn't tempt fate before that.

Companies place employees on paid leave during their legal issues all the time. Why are Greg and AP any different? If anything, the media pressure is forcing their respective organizations to admit they made mistakes in how they tried to sweep these legal issues under the rug just because these were players critical to their teams' success.

Exactly.

Again, the test is, if Wes Horton would've had that TMZ video posted, how quickly would he have been released? 

Exactly.

Again, the test is, if Wes Horton would've had that TMZ video posted, how quickly would he have been released? 

My favorite line so far is "You can't just throw 13 million down the drain like that" like last year's division-winning cap sheet was the epitome of great spending.

The sands are quickly shifting below the feet of the NFL and the Players Association.

What was acceptable punishment a few months ago is no longer sufficient to placate the NFL's corporate sponsors.

It is a bad time to be a player with DV issues in the NFL.

The league will do whatever it needs to survive and thrive.

If it means sacrificing a few of its star players to make sure that happens, consider it done.

The Panthers suspended Rae Carruth immediately following the shooting of his pregnant girlfriend.

He did not receive due process, and the only witness was a girl who was dying on life support, heavily medicated, and in no condition to testify about anything.

Would you people be screaming to let Rae play back then?

This is an attempt at a broader view of the injustices that are occurring on a societal level. For those who care read on. For those who believe this is off topic I do apologize and ask you to skip this post now.

Here is the slippery slope with Hardy. His offense is a misdemeanor, and he is considered innocent of the allegations until the verdict in his jury trial. What precedent will be set for all the individuals in the NFL appealing felony charges like DUI, aggravated assault, or drug abuse? They will all stand the trial of public opinion and be banned from the NFL indefinitely.

The biggest issue I see with all of this is the cultural evils of mob mentality created by social media. Yellow journalism, witch hunts, and virtual lynch mobs are gaining a modern day momentum. What once was an issue of cyber-bullying among children is taking the next step in its maturation into a hideous beast that will perpetuate the cultural decay of what remains of our constitutional values.

Can you stand by the declaration of independence when you do not allow the system to work?

'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.'

When you disregard the Bill of Rights' tenets of 'Due Process' and 'Presumption of Innocence' does this not weaken the foundation and principles expressed within the Bill of Rights? Does one still have freedom of speech outside of government activities? Or does freedom of speech no longer exist when applied to the private sector?

'... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.'

I put forth the assertion that the media and public by assembling together, by physical or virtual means, in an effort to coerce and degrade the liberties of an innocent man, as expressed by the intent of the Constitution of the United States of America and the Declaration of Independence, is a form of unlawful assembly. No different than a public flogging. An act of mob justice spearheaded by vigilante justice among individuals in the press. A form of sharia law by social media. A virtual form of a lynch mob.

When one tenet of the Bill of Rights is degraded, it degrades the foundation of all of our rights. Including the right so dearly held by the media with our first amendment. An inalienable right that infringes on another persons inalienable right no longer becomes a right, but rather an assault on the freedoms we hold dear as citizens of the United States of America - a verbal threat to 'Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness'.

I champion the intent of the 5th amendment as much as I do the 1st amendment. No more; no less. The value of every amendment, of the Constitution of the United States of America, is equal to that of any other amendment. While these rights are expressly placed on public institutions, any United States citizen who values freedom and displays moral rectitude will apply their intent to private institutions as well.

Allow 'due process' its rightful place in society. Deny the violence, rage, and vengeance through the media and virtual worlds which feed the gluttonous desire of the masses insatiable appetite for instant gratification.  This egocentric cancer continues to permeate the foundation of morality and virtue of our nation - of our own person. 

Instant justice is not a justice anyone should desire. Justice by the emotional climate of the mob is no way to progress a society. Justice must come through the virtues of patience and temperance to reveal truth. I will leave you with this quote of justice on a social scale in the hopes that everyone can step back and evaluate their role in another persons life and tribulations.

"The challenge of social justice is to evoke a sense of community that we need to make our nation a better place, just as we make it a safer place."

The Panthers suspended Rae Carruth immediately following the shooting of his pregnant girlfriend.

He did not receive due process, and the only witness was a girl who was dying on life support, heavily medicated, and in no condition to testify about anything.

Would you people be screaming to let Rae play back then?

not sure if serial

Again, Roger Goodell has stated many, many times, you do not have to be found guilty of anything to be suspended by the league. That's the way it goes. :/

But he has been found guilty. Granted he is entitled to a jury trial, but a judge after 11 hrs of testimony found him guilty so let's quit using the "he's innocent card."

I think he will be found not guilty in his jury trial mainly because of the legal standard required to convict. However, until this happens, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt and if he was a 3rd stringer, no one here would be professing his innocence

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Good lord this has gotten out of hand.

99% of the people "speaking out" against DV actually don't give a fug about it, and are actually just trying to go with what's popular and mainstream, or they are self righteous/pussy-whipped. I'm sorry people but it's the said truth. Hardy has yet be proven/found guilty by a jury of his peers which is something we are all entitled to. This country was partially born on the quote "innocent until proven guilty" and now that we are beyond the days of segregation and slavery that quote is something we as Americans should abide by.

I am glad people are supporting something that is bad and needs to be taken care of, but going overboard and only giving a fug about DV instead of anything else is ridiculous. Ray Rice should of been suspended a year, and then reinstated. If his fiancée wants to press charges I'm sure the police will have no problem booking him for domestic abuse. Like I said, this is a matter for the police, not the NFL. I wish the best for Greg Hardy, when he is found innocent it will hopefully make all these blind assholes wake up and open their eyes to see that there is more to a story then the bullshit the media spews out.

End rant

Archived