• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our win against the Bucs is looking less impressive - ATL/TB watch thread

Hotsauce

Not too worried that TB is dying. 

Worried about ATL though

Not worried about the Falcons.      Bucs sucked in Tampa Bay, when they were mostly healthy...  only reasonable they were going to be beyond horrible on the road,  with a ton of key injuries. 

I'm not sure how Lovie can remain bullet proof,  since he was the driving force to bring McCown in and make him a starter.    Guy was so blinded by McCown that he didn't even try to look elsewhere.

Not worried about the Falcons.      Bucs sucked in Tampa Bay, when they were mostly healthy...  only reasonable they were going to be beyond horrible on the road,  with a ton of key injuries. 

I'm not sure how Lovie can remain bullet proof,  since he was the driving force to bring McCown in and make him a starter.    Guy was so blinded by McCown that he didn't even try to look elsewhere.

They might call Lovie and tell him to stay there......

Tampa also practiced all summer long at 4 PM EST to get ready for our game. It was their Super Bowl and we won with a backup QB. Professionals or not, it's deflating when you lose your home opener against a rival with a backup QB-season ending worthy deflating.

No McCoy, Foster, Martin, ASF and the fact they are playing away is not good for Tampa.

I know McCoy is a great DT but it seems he can't stay healthy at all.

Doug Martin had a great rookie season but hasn't stayed healthy since. Tampa has had some bad luck drafting which has really hurt them.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have a feeling we are starting to see the fall of the NFL roman empire. A. all the drama, and distractions. People watch the NFL as a distraction from hot button issues, its now become one drama filled distraction about hot button issues.

You cant play defense anymore, games arent close anymore, too many blow outs which make the game boring. Too many flags that kill the big, fun plays. Its almost a guarantee that when a kick or punt returner gets a big run, 9 times out of 10 it comes back because of a flag, if a QB throws a deep bomb downfield and its incomplete, a flag then gets thrown for holding and pass interference, if a RB or QB breaks out for a big run, that gets called back because of a holding call.

The list goes on and on. I will be honest, I love we are 2-0 but this non stop crap 24/7 about domestic violence and Hardy really made me lose some interest this year, finally when game day does come the game just turns out to be one big flag fest.

If the NFL keeps it up, it will go the way of the NBA and become a niche sport

This is deep and probably deserves it's own thread on a slow news day. I do think that the NFL may have peaked or is peaking now....only way to go is down. Lawsuits from former players, greed, tougher penalty calls, over-riding league rules in favor of public/media pressure, etc are all things that could absolutely cripple the league.

Archived