• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

89 Conference Call

therealmjl

I don't want the whole corp. You are way overthinking this.I could go through all the points about SS but I have posted them multiple times and are easily found. debate that not a strawman about the whole receiving corp.

Your entire debate is based on emotion because you miss a guy because he makes you feel all warm fuzzies about the old days a decade ago when he was one of the best.

He spins a ball and talks and you think he's still got it.

The Panthers are struggling offensively because of the offensive line and running game, not the absence of Steve Smith. But keep telling yourself otherwise. It's a shame though. You might miss the offensive ROY catching passes for the Panthers right now.

I still remember LaFell/Gettis as rookies being asked about how 89 had been helping them......and they politely said he has been busy with lots of things but that Dwayne Jarrett was doing work with them.

That was the older 89. Leaving our first WRs drafted in years to look to Dwayne Jarrett for aid as rookies.....

Don't worry Darrin Gantt can read between the lines and know what Smitty really thinks.

Funny thing about the conference call. Media asked him about bulletin board material and he said "You guys are just going to make something up anyway"

10 minutes later PFT tweets "Steve Smith takes high road but not hard to read between the lines of how he really feels"

I knew immediately who wrote it

Then PFT uses two quotes that if I read between the lines seemed like Smith was telling then they were asking him stupid questions and baiting him and he wasn't having any of it as the "between the lines "quotes".

So the prophet Smith accurately predicted that media would just make stuff up anyway. lol

Archived