• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Rivera's Defense"

Ruff

For the longest time, I supported McD on here because this defense has been borderline great. I think McD is an excellent scheme coach, and covering up deficiencies is one thing he's really good at (look at his Philadelphia days and the dumpster fire he had there).

Yet, there was always the people who said that this is Rivera's defense. Some people even saying that it's "obvious".

Now, our defense is having a breakdown, and everyone calls for mcd's heat. You can't have it both ways. If this is McD's defense, then he has a lot of work to do. Missing Hardy is one thing, but if one player is so relied upon on your team, you're screwed.

But, if this is Rivera's defense, then it's almost time for him to go. Not only is he horrible in challenge calls, he is still reserved and Stoic Ron. And when the one thing he was supposedly doing correctly, fixing the defense, isn't being done well, then he brings nothing.

So which is it, McD or rivera?

The defense is soft. Ron doesn't know poo about offense, we all know that. It's bad enough that he promoted Shula that doesn't know poo either, but we know the offense is going to be what it is. It's the defense thats suppose to give us a chance to win, and they're damn near the reason we're losing. It's on Ron he's not only heavily involved in the defense but he's the damn head coach.

Really it is Rivera's defense and he needs to help McD adjust but honestly they are only delaying the inevitable that is our OC is terrible. How do you take chances on defense when your offense cant even score 21 points in a passing league.

I hear people say we need to blitz more but how can you blitz if you have to keep the other team to 14 points or less. Both the Pitt game and the Baltimore game were results of poor execution by the offense and leaving the D on the field for two long. The ST screw ups are another beast in themselves.

i am putting this more on the players who are not executing, getting pushed around, missing assignments and playing the wrong gaps.  just like the offense i put on a porous line.  the coaches have not forgotten how to coach, it is more reasonable for players to be in a slump and to have one of the best DE's in the league out doesnt help.  but i get the simpleton approach adopted by many football fans in blaming it all on the coaches.  

that said, i do blame Ron for the lack of motivation and urgency our team has been lacking the last two weeks.

I think it's funny that people waste time trying to figure out who's defense, offense or whatever is. We will never know and it doesn't matter. Right now it sucks and we all know everyone wants it to improve

1 sack and no turnovers in two games with the same scheme tells me this is on the players.

Archived