• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone notice on the KB catch and fumble

Snake

I honestly can't figure out the whole defenseless receiver thing. Because we didn't get flagged against Baltimore when DeCoud almost intercepted the endzone pass to Steve Smith, and Smith basically got leveled back there.

I don't even know what counts as defenseless receiver anymore.

I just noticed on this play too that Avant's route finished where KB sat down in coverage. That's why there were so many defenders around KB when he caught the ball. I've seen Shula do this before where two guys finish in almost the same spot.

Could have been the way the receivers read the defense (and the way someone likely misread) that put them in the same spot. Can't put that only on Shula without knowing the play.

Could have been the way the receivers read the defense (and the way someone likely misread) that put them in the same spot. Can't put that only on Shula without knowing the play.

Yeah totally, Benji easily could've been running a straight go but saw a open spot in the coverage and chose to sit in it.

But we have seen WR end up very close to one another before.

I just hope they get on the league and ask why.

One of my few beefs with Rivera is that he doesn't fight for calls enough on the sideline. Not sure what goes on behind the scenes between games, but I'd like to see him get in the refs ears a little more as the game is unfolding.

I think you guys are just being whiners, that was clearly a fumble.

As far as hitting a defenseless receiver, what are the specific guidelines for this rule because I see much worse every week not get called either.

One thing I can agree with is the late/cheap hits on Cam not being called.

I honestly can't figure out the whole defenseless receiver thing. Because we didn't get flagged against Baltimore when DeCoud almost intercepted the endzone pass to Steve Smith, and Smith basically got leveled back there.

I don't even know what counts as defenseless receiver anymore.

I really dont think they call it anymore unless its helmet to helmet but in reality its any play a WR cant guard themselves. Also to point out another thing the Refs started to call the holding and PI in the second half and it help us get going.

I find it hilarious that posters would blame Shula when 2 receivers end up in the same area as if he would actually call a play that way.  There are so many variables where receivers might end up in the same area but I guarantee that the OC didn't plan it that way..

Archived