• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There's no sense in worrying about anything else until the OL is fixed.

CatMan72

quarterbacks deal with pressure all the time. some see it and get rid of the ball quickly. others move around in the pocket well. the oline pass protected more that sufficient last night until the game was over in the 4th quarter.

some fans make up excuses for their favorite players.

We are a different level of bad. That Philly OL people complained about still opened up holes and they had a run game. There was evidence they belonged on the field

That's on the type of run game they have. Oline can only hold for so long. QB needs to make faster and better decisions.

FO had so much faith in Bell that they tried to sign Anthony Collins in the offseason.

I hope Igo can ask Voth about this. I know it was reported at the time of FA that we were interested but I'm pretty sure Voth mentioned the interest part being way overblown a few weeks ago.

I tried looking for the tweet but I can't find it.

First play of the game, oline held, what happened? Cam overthrew KB. That set the tone for the night. There is no perfect oline in NFL that can make up for that.

Cam overthrew KB by about a yard on a deep pass and it's as much the responsibility of the WR to run under a throw like that.

Yes Cam missed a few throws, the WR's dropped a few and the play calling was questionable, but there's no sense in worrying about any of that until the OL is fixed. With just a little more protection Cam would have time to set his feet, go through his reads and make better throws. A better OL would also mean a more effective running game and at heart we're a run-first team that thrives on play action. 

Fix the OL, then we'll see what else needs fixing - until then you can't even make an honest evaluation. 

The offense is built around trying to "trick" the defense. Cam has to fake at least two runs before passing a lot of the time. It's a set up that gives the defense time to get back there.

Philly has 2 all pro guys playing on the left side, and invested in a RT with the number 4 pick that year as well. plus the center is also a pretty good player.

Cam has been playing bad over the last 3 weeks, but your bashing of him is just out of hand now. you do this every thread. this OL needs some major work done to it.

This has mostly been the same oline in the first three games he played well. What changed. I'm not bashing Cam. We need to find what is the actual problem so we fix the right thing.

This has mostly been the same oline in the first three games he played well. What changed. I'm not bashing Cam. We need to find what is the actual problem so we fix the right thing.

all you will get here is people deflecting blame from someone who is obviously playing poorly. some may even sadden the situation more by coming up with the ultimate excuse by calling him shell shocked.

Yes Cam missed a few throws, the WR's dropped a few and the play calling was questionable, but there's no sense in worrying about any of that until the OL is fixed. With just a little more protection Cam would have time to set his feet, go through his reads and make better throws. A better OL would also mean a more effective running game and at heart we're a run-first team that thrives on play action. 

Fix the OL, then we'll see what else needs fixing - until then you can't even make an honest evaluation. 

I agree with you in general, but I do think that we can definitively say that we need to upgrade the receiving corps.  The one---absolutely one---advantage that we thought we had coming into the season in regards to the receiving corps was hands, and even the hands have failed us.  That's honest.

First play of the game, oline held, what happened? Cam overthrew KB. That set the tone for the night. There is no perfect oline in NFL that can make up for that.

gtfoh with that 'set the tone' bs lol

its a game of inches and cam threw it deep straight down the field, benji had adjusted his route and starting running a little bit towards the sideline.  you can see the miscommunication.  that is why that play didnt go for td.  

the play action on the very first play was the main reason that play even had a chance and at that point in the game the saints D hadnt assessed our O line.  after the first qtr they were getting abused.

Archived