• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is injured. And not just his bum ankle.

SgtJoo

He's obviously injured, just go back and watch videos of his run against the Patriots last year and that 70 yard run he had against Atlanta. He looks like an entirely different player.

Maybe his injuries aren't severe enough to limit him as a pocket passer so they're keeping him in.

He had 2 carries for 6 yards against Philly. I don't know what the solution is but this season is lost in my opinion. Stop looking at the record and the bad NFCS and look at gameday performances and you'll see there is no way to turn this around. I'd sit Cam the rest of the year similar to what the Redskins did last year. Padding stats is useless. Last thing we need is for an injury late in the year to carry over to next year.

He irks me.

I thought he was a fraud coming in and I am convinced I was right.

He has pretty much spun me like a top since he arrived in Charlotte. I have gotten drunk on the koolaid and cursed him mercilessly back and forth. He keeps making me eat my words and I guess secretly I hope he does so again.

Right now I'm at the far other end of the spectrum though and it hurts even more since I have seen flashes of what could be. I just do not think it is possible and I think it's all mental. He clearly has everything else so what could it be?

Sounds like the problem lies within yourself, not Newton.

If you are actively going out of your way to find reasons not to like him or support him, why even follow the team that he plays for?

Unfortunately there are too many people like yourself in our fan base, and it's simply sad.

He's obviously injured, just go back and watch videos of his run against the Patriots last year and that 70 yard run he had against Atlanta. He looks like an entirely different player.

Maybe his injuries aren't severe enough to limit him as a pocket passer so they're keeping him in.

He had 2 carries for 6 yards against Philly. I don't know what the solution is but this season is lost in my opinion. Stop looking at the record and the bad NFCS and look at gameday performances and you'll see there is no way to turn this around. I'd sit Cam the rest of the year similar to what the Redskins did last year. Padding stats is useless. Last thing we need is for an injury late in the year to carry over to next year.

Notice how he doesn't scramble to get out of trouble. Just takes a sack. But during the press conference, he says "Coach didn't pull me out, so I stayed in".

Sounds like the problem lies within yourself, not Newton.

If you are actively going out of your way to find reasons not to like him or support him, why even follow the team that he plays for?

Unfortunately there are too many people like yourself in our fan base, and it's simply sad.

Your response, as usual, makes no sense and assumes things that are manufactured, probably innately, to fit your broadcast narrative.

Nowhere have I said or implied, or casually mentioned something that could have been honestly misconstrued that I am going out of my way to find reasons not to support him. Also, and for the record, I am not doing that.

You remain a ridiculous caricature if what is wrong with society in my opinion. Good luck with that.

So.... I guess none of you watched the game on ESPN last night? Remember coming out of halftime and sideline reporter Lisa Salters, who has been doing this for some time, asked Rivera if Cam was physically okay and that he appeared to be injured. Rivera's response was the usual, "blah, blah...execute...blah, blah... play better....blah"

Lisa Salters again asked and specifically pointed out that Cam was limping, grimacing in pain and trying to stretch out between the benches when he came off the field. Rivera's response was essentially, "I didn't see that, I'll have to ask the doctors and the people who work with him."

This is your head coach. He is so completely disconnected and out of touch he isn't even aware of his QB on the field.

And ribs and whatever else happens when you get sacked 7 and 9 times every damn game.

The answer is NOT on the fuging roster...almost everyone on this board knew Bell and Chandler weren't starting NFL material but....

Cam has definintely taken more than his share of shot behind out crappy OL.  However, the rib injury was NOT from a sack.  It was from a run by Cam where he did not slide and turned his back into the play as he went down.

It is very evident though that the focus of the offseason MUST be on the OL and adding some speed at WR......and addressing the secondary.

So.... I guess none of you watched the game on ESPN last night? Remember coming out of halftime and sideline reporter Lisa Salters, who has been doing this for some time, asked Rivera if Cam was physically okay and that he appeared to be injured. Rivera's response was the usual, "blah, blah...execute...blah, blah... play better....blah"

Lisa Salters again asked and specifically pointed out that Cam was limping, grimacing in pain and trying to stretch out between the benches when he came off the field. Rivera's response was essentially, "I didn't see that, I'll have to ask the doctors and the people who work with him."

This is your head coach. He is so completely disconnected and out of touch he isn't even aware of his QB on the field.

I heard this as well. It was extremely alarming that Ron had no idea and sounded like he didn't really care all that much about it.

You don't announce to the other team that your QB is nursing a sore foot....might as well put a bullseye on it.

And, the issues with the offense in the first half WAS execution (damn turnovers).

we knew cam was going to have ankle surgery.

so what do we do? give him poo for an OL.

makes sense.

that cam is beat up and is still asked to play like he has the past few years is dumb. no one should be surprised that any player that beat up and keeps getting beat regularly because his OL is poo is making bad decisons and mistakes. he is getting massacred out there and obviously doesn't trust the guys in front of him (for good reason). he's got to have in the back of his mind that he's about to get the poo knocked out of him and i dont care who you are, it's gonna force some mistakes. the more your body is threatened, the more likely you are to make mistakes.

thia is all on the OL and the lack-of-brain trust that foolishly and naively believed we could be ok with an OL made up primarily of udfas. hardy should not have been franchised and/or ealy should not have been our second pick. we should have and could have dlne more than what we did to protect cam and make the team more balanced, but gettleman and rivera have their heads up their asses.

Archived