• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers officials insist Cam Newton's MNF problems totally mental

Darth Biscuit

Certainly feels like throwing him under the bus for whatever reason (probably to deflect blame from the coaches/front office).  Anybody that's watched him for the past four years can tell he's not 100%.  Actually, anyone with a functioning brain should be able to see that.  Then add on that he's "protected" by the worst professional offensive line I've ever seen, has zero running game, and tries to throw to receivers that can't get consistent separation and, well, I'm pretty impressed he hasn't just come out in the press and roasted everybody.

I think Cam's health is obvious to anyone who actually watches the games.

I don't think throwing him under the bus is going to do anyone any favors, including the coaching staff.

Is it me or is there trouble brewing between Cam and the front office + coaching staff.

They left him out there in a blowout and he kept get pounded. And now they're leaking it that he had mental problems during the game and insinuate that he can rally a team when they're down and behind. They're questioning his toughness.

Is this happened because of the contract or did he call them out privately about the offensive line? It seems that Rivera is treating him differently.

Actually if this is true it would make sense as to why  Rivera said he didnt notice Cam as being hurt after the game when he was interviewed.  Maybe he has seen this sort of behavior from cam before ?  I mean Cam said he wasnt hurt .  Is he just acting out because he isnt getting the help he wants and needs during the games?

I find it a little concerning....Carolina has repeatedly stated Newton won't be 100% until after the season. Then suddenly claim he is 100% healthy as he gets beaten like a pulp.

I also think it is deflecting attention back at Cam and away from the joke this FO has put him in

The media controls this franchise - Hardy is the worst felon to walk the planet so said the media, therefore he is shunned and hidden away from any affiliation with the team.  Cam is a bi-polar, mentally unstable, immature towel-wearing baby, so says the media, so lets get him to a shrink and decide if he's really worth that contract - his career numbers thus far be damned.

That said, anyone following this team this year should be loading up on the anti-depressants.

Actually if this is true it would make sense as to why Rivera said he didnt notice Cam as being hurt after the game when he was interviewed. Maybe he has seen this sort of behavior from cam before ? I mean Cam said he wasnt hurt . Is he just acting out because he isnt getting the help he wants and needs during the games?

Cam always dismisses and downplays all his injuries.

It almost sounds like there's a war between the players and the coaches.  The coaches finished losing the locker room after Monday, and now I doubt we're going to win another game for the rest of the season.  

Honestly, I think Ron started losing the players after he blamed KB for the loss to Seattle.  Every week since then he blames another player for yet another loss.  I wouldn't blame the players if they stopped caring after that.

It almost sounds like there's a war between the players and the coaches.  The coaches finished losing the locker room after Monday, and now I doubt we're going to win another game for the rest of the season.  

Honestly, I think Ron started losing the players after he blamed KB for the loss to Seattle.  Every week since then he blames another player for yet another loss.  I wouldn't blame the players if they stopped caring after that.

Yeah I think there's a clear divide now.  

My question is why in the hell would the coaching staff throw the franchise QB under the bus if their jobs are on the line?  

Something fishy is amuck and I don't like it one bit.  No one minus JR, Danny Morrison, DG (maybe), and Luke Kuechly feels safe.

Archived