• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 defenders all thinking run up the middle....

Jeremy Igo

It means Shula is predictable. Ron doesn't call plays.

But yeah, I'm done with all of them.

Ron doesn't call the specific play but I guarantee he told Shula not to throw. Who do you think he's talking to in the headset while we're huddled?

He even said it in his presser, "I stick by my decision to run the ball."

There's a difference?

Not really, but that's the point. Our coaching staff is a reflection of our ownership.

Until our owner stops thinking that he's still living in a completely different era, I doubt much will truly change. We drafted a dynamic player like Cam Newton #1 overall to be our franchise quarterback, yet we paired him with Ron Rivera. What more really needs to be said?

If the clock would have been less than 30 seconds or so, I would agree with the playcalling.

The way it turns out, it's an absolutely gutless end to a great drive.

Bill Belichik doesn't cower when the game is on the line. Chip Kelly would go for the jugular.

Imagine what a little play-action to Olsen would have gone for on that play. Probably a touchdown.

Crazy thing is we passed incomplete on 3rd & 2 several times after successful runs on 1st and/or 2nd down.  I was plain angry that we were going against the grain on 3rd and short.  Finally when it's the least achievable of the day at 3rd and 5 we dial up the run.  I literally laughed out loud as I knew it was coming just as certain as I knew the incomplete pass was coming on the all the previous 3rd and shorts.  

Crazy thing is we passed incomplete on 3rd & 2 several times after successful runs on 1st and/or 2nd down. I was plain angry that we were going against the grain on 3rd and short. Finally when it's the least achievable of the day at 3rd and 5 we dial up the run. I literally laughed out loud as I knew it was coming just as certain as I knew the incomplete pass was coming on the all the previous 3rd and shorts.

Passing on 3rd and 2 isn't necessarily a bad strategy. Throwing it 40 yards downfield on 3rd and 2, however, usually is.

Archived