• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR or OT

SgtJoo

It could be a future 9-bowl OT or a WR whose best seaaon will be 500 yds and everybody will be:

OMG THAT OT SO OVERRATED HE NO GOOD HE A GUARD

OMG THAT WR IS THE BESTEST EVER REMINDS ME OF RANDY MOSS

give me that fortune telling device you have, champ.

the fact of the matter is that when it comes to talent, cooper is the best player in this draft, hands fuging down.

our receiving core sucks ass and we need another real player on it. it's not like we're advocating drafting a linebacker or some poo.

I think you have to take Copper if he's still on the board. We've needed a #1 WR since Steve Smith lost his speed. Jake had Smith, and Cam needs Cooper. We can still draft an OT high in the 2nd round, or look to FA to upgrade at LT, and move Bell back to RT.

I don't think you go strictly BPA, but the highest person at a position of need (WR/OT/Safety), best available you take.  We are devoid of talent everywhere, and that's the only way you fix it is by taking the most talented players available.  Seriously, this really feels like the 2010 season all over again, we are simply devoid of talent everywhere.  I know we are in cap hell, but, the way to solve that is to NOT piss 13 million bucks on 1 fuging guy this offseason.  I know the guys who think Gettleman is the victim of a crappy cap situation, BUT, the crux of the matter is, if you have a cap problem, spending 13 million dollars on 1 player is not a good idea.  Think about it like this..lets just say you have 20 bucks to live on for a week.  Theres a steakhouse that is offering a prime choice cut steak and side salad for just 20 bucks.  Thats awesome, I really want that steak, but I still have 4 days more I have to eat, so I could get 2 boxes of ramen, eggs, ham, bread and cheese, more than enough to eat but man...I really fuging want that steak, so I buy the steak.  Dude, the night I ate that steak was so sweet, I just wanted to bath in it's juices...but day 2 sucked because I was kind of hungry...by day 5 I'm fuging starving.  The panthers are Starving for any reasonable talent.  We may not have gotten a steak every night, but our offseason moves were 1 steak and 4 turd sandwiches.  Cap hell or not, the decision to eat the steak instead of getting enough food to last the week IS Gettleman's problem.

Idk.... if it comes down to Peat/Stanley/Scherff or Cooper, I'm going LT.  I'd rather bring in someone like Torrey Smith (25 years old/4.4 40time) and roll with KB/Smith/Brown/Hill and protect Cam with a franchise LT.  KB is arguably a WR1 and Philly is a perfect slot WR.  All Cam needs is a #2 WR with speed.  Ideally, I'd prefer Maclin or Cobb, but Torrey Smith will be cheaper.  

Technically, we could also do the reverse, and select Cooper and bring in a FA tackle, but for me, I'm going with the beast that is Andrus Peat to solidify Newton's blindside.

what good will it be drafting another wr if the oline cant give them time to get open.  theres no one in free agency.  If you want to watch cam run for his life again next season, draft cooper.  Carolina doesn't have any other option but to draft an OL in the first round.

Archived