• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers wide receiver are "second-to-last" in YAC

GoobyPls

In YAC we are ranked 29th but if you take away the running backs and Greg Olsen only the Chiefs are worst, and that's mainly due to with Alex Smith refusal to throw to his receivers

So I hear a lot of people saying what's the point of drafting a receiver if Cam has no time, well what's the point of drafting a OT if nobody gets open? the last two games outside of Bell the line has played decent yet we have still struggled, the receivers get no separation and when they do, they get tackled immediately

I would have no problem with picking a OT in the first round but if Cooper is there we have to pick him, none of the OT coming out this year are getting high praise

I think it plays more on play design as it was just mentioned. Shula does not design plays to the strengths of our players. IMO, He is using Jericho and he was using Avant wrong. I really think one of our biggest issues is Shula. He has never been a good OC. I just don't get why our staff can't see that. If you know our o line is not that great, why not call more screens or quick slants. It is very elementary. YAC is a big number to look at. Everytime we make a completion, our guy is immediately tackled. With the type of season we are having, it is hard to pin it on just one unit.

I think it plays more on play design as it was just mentioned. Shula does not design plays to the strengths of our players. IMO, He is using Jericho and he was using Avant wrong. I really think one of our biggest issues is Shula. He has never been a good OC. I just don't get why our staff can't see that. If you know our o line is not that great, why not call more screens or quick slants. It is very elementary. YAC is a big number to look at. Everytime we make a completion, our guy is immediately tackled. With the type of season we are having, it is hard to pin it on just one unit.

I really hope Cooper is available and we pick him in the draft. Not only do we need a speedy guy, but we need a playmaker in the worst way. Sad, because we also need offensive lineman in the worst way as well. We've got a bunch of 3 and 4 receivers out there, except Benji.

In YAC we are ranked 29th but if you take away the running backs and Greg Olsen only the Chiefs are worst, and that's mainly due to with Alex Smith refusal to throw to his receivers

So I hear a lot of people saying what's the point of drafting a receiver if Cam has no time, well what's the point of drafting a OT if nobody gets open? the last two games outside of Bell the line has played decent yet we have still struggled, the receivers get no separation and when they do, they get tackled immediately

I would have no problem with picking a OT in the first round but if Cooper is there we have to pick him, none of the OT coming out this year are getting high praise

A lot of that has to do with ball placement. If Cam could put the ball between the numbers most of the time then the receivers wouldn't have to stretch out or jump up and could then run.

Archived