• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL OKs New Conduct Policy

SgtJoo

I don't see how that makes it as practice. Get any one vindictive GF, or even Crazed fan, to go out to a club/ area where the other team's players will be and fake an act of violence or make a claim of it and then there's a media shitstorm.

If this ends up passing then if I were a player, I'd walk around with a go pro everywhere I went.

You have to be charged so no, you'll not be suspended because you've been accused

You have to be charged so no, you'll not be suspended because you've been accused

In theory. That is definitely how it should work. That doesn't mean anything once major media starts running stories or people that don't really give poo about the issue start tweeting about it. The NFL has shown that it will bend over backward and spread its cheeks if people bad mouth it loud enough.

Keep in mind that it will take more than a random accusation.  A player wouldn't be put on leave unless there were at least enough evidence of a crime to indict/charge the player.

The idea that someone can claim rape the week before the Super Bowl to have a QB suspended wouldn't ever happen unless she had some reasonable level of proof.

I can't even. If a woman says she was raped, she was raped, you misogynistic pig! Stop being a rape apologist, and listen and believe. Check your privilege!

Keep in mind that it will take more than a random accusation. A player wouldn't be put on leave unless there were at least enough evidence of a crime to indict/charge the player.

The idea that someone can claim rape the week before the Super Bowl to have a QB suspended wouldn't ever happen unless she had some reasonable level of proof.

Ray McDonald was never charged. Now I realize it kind of makes your point because he didn't sit, but there was a lot of media shitstorm here in the Bay Area because the Niners didn't suspend him or agree to the silly commissioners list. A lesser-willed franchise (one that maybe has a black cat mascot and a weak old owner) would have bowed down to the shield and put him on prior to charges.

We all know people love faux-outrage and en vogue social causes, so I still don't think it'd take much more than an accusation in some cases to bench a guy indefinitely.

In theory. That is definitely how it should work. That doesn't mean anything once major media starts running stories or people that don't really give poo about the issue start tweeting about it. The NFL has shown that it will bend over backward and spread its cheeks if people bad mouth it loud enough.

Those "domestic violence is a hard subject to talk about" ads make me want to vomit.

Like really?! Cris fuging Carter is going to be your spokesperson for American morality?!

This is crap. Players who are not yet proven guilty should be on the field until they are (supposing they indeed are) proven guilty.

No it isn't. 90% of men would be immediately fired from their job if they were arrested and charged with beating a woman and communicating death threats. Facts be damned, justice system be damned. That's not how the world works. You are innocent until proven guilty from a legal standpoint. That has nothing to do with public opinion or employment, though.

Well "if you're not a feminist, you're a bigot..."

If you listened to the next sentence wherein she defined what she meant by the term feminism then it would be true.  I take it you are of the mind that women should be second class citizens assuming you watched the entire video that you bothered to link.

This is kinda scary IMO. Before this year I had never heard of the commissioner's exempt list. This gives the league the power to indefinitely suspend with pay any player accused of a "violent" crime, and then suspend them WITHOUT pay after the process concludes.

If you think this team was reluctant to sign players with a troubled history before, then just wait.

Teams will be VERY reluctant to give guys chances now I think. Being able to suspend a bad apple and get your money back is one thing. Them being paid to sit for potentially multiple seasons is another.

Gives the nfl more power to support the teams they have a crush on like the patriots. Oh the dolphins have a player that may or may not have committed a crime? (Say cameron wake or someone else) let's just suspended him with pay to completely fug over the dolphins. Oh and yes we did our own investigation that can't be replicated or publicized or anything like that. fuging hate Goodell

Archived