• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman may leave before the Superbowl is over

Jeremy Igo

It's a lot easier to have more kids than to make another super bowl. She should be thankful enough she got knocked up and has her golden ticket for life and tell him to play no matter what.

Yeah seriously right? She needs to shut up and go through the scariest most traumatic event of her life alone and suck it up!

Aka --> you suck

Yeah seriously right? She needs to shut up and go through the scariest most traumatic event of her life alone and suck it up!

keep in mind she would most likely not be alone no matter what. Even if Sherman is a few hours late because of the game, I'd imagine he'd make sure she is surrounded by loved ones from their friends and family

I was born into a prominently and fairly young female family -- 22 pregnancies and counting.

Yeahhhhhh, and playing the game does involve some knowledge about how the female mind works.

Carry on, sport.

One would think that being born into a family with a lot of females you would be a bit more respecting to the gender but I guess that's not as easy as being a sexist asshole.

i just think it's funny that people rationalize SB chances < # of kids, like they are are somehow of equal value therefore SB wins. 

O well, maybe it is to some people.  All i know is if I was about to become a father to my first-born child I'd be there no matter what

i just think it's funny that people rationalize SB chances < # of kids, like they are are somehow of equal value therefore SB wins.

O well, maybe it is to some people. All i know is if I was about to become a father to my first-born child I'd be there no matter what

That's easy to say until you're a pro athlete playing in the biggest game. I say the same thing. But truth be told you really have no idea until you're in the situation.

Now I'm hoping she goes into labor a few hours before the game so we can see how he handles it .

I seriously doubt she would be alone.  Aside from doctors and nurses, her own family members are likely to be there, and maybe some of his as well. 

That being said, I would understand either choice. 

Slim chance she goes into labor during the game, but if so i would think the easy decision would to go be with her. Who would fault a father for being there for the birth of his 1st child (a boy that he he already decided to give the initials “R.K.S.” -- which are Sherman’s initials)?

But then i remembered how crazy fans could be. If the Seahawks lose because he was with his gf giving birth to their son, then how many 12th man fans are going to forever view his gf and son as "the mother and son that cost us a SB?"

If his gf goes into labor during the game, it might be best for Sherman to finish the game and then go straight to his gf

...unless things don't go well / complications arise, which would mean Sherman would have to leave the game and go straight to her

Hopefully Sherman gets his wish and his child comes a week or two after the game and all Sherman has to worry about missing would be, at most, the victory parade or the team visit to the White House

Labor is a quirky thing....a women's water can break and it could be 36 hrs until the baby arrives or 3 hrs. So if your intent is to see the birth of your child you have to play the waiting game at the hospital.

So if she goes into labor before the game it is still a risk to play it.....I would have been fine doing such with one of mine but would have missed the other who came racing out

My personal take is Sherman would go against the grain and bails on the game if forced. He isn't your typical player. Would stink regardless for the guy

if you guys want a really interesting read http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107381&start=0

one of my favorites: "How is this even a question??? A man's role is to plant that seed, bring home the bacon, and in Sherman's case, whoop some Patriot butt in the Super Bowl. Always has been. Let the woman and her female relatives handle the childbirth."

sorry for your eyes, their scheme is dreadful. 

Archived