• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Thomas Davis acceptance speech

Jeremy Igo

If you have ever had the chance to talk to him, you would know how genuine he is.  My son (I have shared this before) saw him leaving an OTA in mid practice, so he caught up to him walking with a trainer back toward the stadium.  He asked for an autograph, and Davis held up his hand to gesture "no," then just rubbed his head gently and said, "This isn't a good time, son."  My son came back a bit confused because he thought it was a great time.  As it turns out, it was moments after he tore his ACL for the second time.  He was not limping, so we thought he was fine.

Now, imagine you just realized that your career could be over.  You know you just lost millions of dollars.  If anyone asked you for something at that time, how would you react? 

You can tell all the years of pounding and keeping the faith came out as soon as he started to speak.

Most people outside Carolina don't know how valuable TD has been, and what a great career (and still going) he has had up to this point.  Until now, he really didn't have much to show for it.  But once he started talking you could tell it all the emotion he held back over the years from being passed over came out.  

Well done, TD.  Well done.

A class act.  Maybe a statue next to Sam Mills showing a proud example of what a great player and great example of what a member of a fine organization can be.  Perhaps when he hangs up his cleats the Panthers can find a place on the staff for him.  He has made us proud to be a fan of the Carolina Panthers.

Shots fired @ morons like Hardy.

Not really. Greg's done a lot of charitable work. He was on here promoting one of them a while ago I think. The DV thing is completely unrelated and there's a very high chance he'll be found innocent.

Archived